Kevin Novakowski receives this year's ACCOLADE award
Submitted by Gary Cody, assistant Professional Practice & Nursing
Kevin Novakowski, a member of the Respiratory Therapy Department at PHC, was selected by the UBC Critical Care Fellows to receive this year’s ACCOLADE award (Award for Exceptional Contribution to Learning and Education). Each year one member of the multidisciplinary team is selected to receive this award based on a commitment to providing an outstanding educational experience for the Fellows. Kevin received his award at the end of May at the Fellows’ graduation dinner.
Kevin has been working as a Respiratory Therapist at PHC since 1992. In this time, he has worked in various roles including wards core therapist, Clinical Site Coordinator for the RT student program and most recently as one of two core ICU therapists. Kevin is recognized by the multi-disciplinary team for his exceptional clinical skills and his good natured personality. He brings a wealth of knowledge and abilities to his work in critical care and his humble and congenial manner have earned him considerable respect. His colleagues listen to what Kevin has to say and appreciate his feedback. As such, Kevin is a valued mentor to new staff and a resource for other RTs and multi-disciplinary team members. Each year he is also recognized by the RT students as an exceptional student preceptor. Not only is this recognition well deserved but it also speaks to the impact that Kevin has as a teacher and mentor. Kevin’s work has clearly been of benefit to more than the RT department at PHC. He is definitely one of the clinical leaders in our organization.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Flu policy changes and how it affects you!
- ADC (Omnicell) Upgrade Complete!
- Where to watch PHC on TV this week
- BC CFE celebrates Treatment as Prevention® as a part of the UBC centennial celebrations
- St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation celebrates a record year for the Enhanced Patient Care Fund
- Welcoming “Spiritual Health”
- Help improve your IT Service: Take our survey
- Volunteers setting up Lights of Hope display Saturday a.m.
- Speaking your language - reduced translation costs help get the word out
- Celebrating Respiratory Therapy Week with PHC’s Lena Farina, RT
- Staff Mental Health and Mental Wellness Toolkit: When to Seek Help
- Dr. Marla Gordon awarded the BC College of Family Physicians Award of Excellence
- Nutrition ideas for the workday
- St. Paul's vendor Program
- Only 8 Weeks Until Christmas!