10 things you get for free: Part 1
Submitted by Linda Rankin, Coordinator, Health Promotion & Psychological Safety, OH&S
Did you know that PHC employees have access to many free benefits and services, and who doesn’t like free!? Consider taking advantage of the “free perks” benefiting your health and wellness. The first five are listed below. Check back next week for the remainder.
1. Municipal pension plan. FREE member education. Workshops to answer your pension questions. Register here.
- Getting to know your pension (online).
- Making the most of your pension.
- Approaching retirement.
- Free confidential counselling for employees and their immediate family members. Options include face-to-face, phone or online.
- Free financial literacy workshops with Financial Literacy Council Inc. (FLC). Minimum number of attendees 10. Book through EFAP.
- Free one-on-one financial counselling by FLC. Two complimentary sessions: one to discuss your current financial portfolio and the second will provide you with a comprehensive “financial prescription.”
- Free Legal Consultation. One free 30 to 60 minute consultation (not employment or labour law) per employee or dependant yearly.
- Free alcohol, anxiety or depression screening tools.
3. Free hand care workshop on the Learning Hub. Learn about your skin and how to protect the integrity of your hands while also performing good hand hygiene.
4. Free BCCDC Health Care Worker recommended immunizations.
- Tetanus/diphtheria (T/d); measles, mumps, rubella (MMR); Hepatitis B; Varicella; Influenza. Check out OH&S on PHC Connect for locations in the community offering the immunizations to PHC staff.
- TB skin testing available. Find on-site schedule and community locations on PHC Connect.
5. Smoking Cessation: Free VGH Smoking Cessation Clinic. The clinic offers smoking cessation assessment and treatment for those who are interested in quitting smoking and for those who may be simply exploring their options. You’ll find additional Free Quit Smoking options on PHC Connect OH&S Health Promotion.
Don’t forget to check back next week for another five free things available to PHC staff.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- To give back to MSJ, Hong Kong singer to perform at Scotiabank Feast of Fortune gala
- Got the January blues? You're not alone and there are ways to relieve them
- 3 PHC tips and resources to take control of your mental health and mental wellness
- Announcing the PHC Practice-Based Research Challenge!
- CST podcast: Make a listening appointment, The Doctors Are In
- Dear EFAP: The husband of an acquaintance likes me as more than just a friend
- PHC participates in Canada's Digital Technology Supercluster initiative
- Burnout in ICU professionals has moral distress factor
- Quality Forum 2018: Registration is open!
- Foundry receives $7,500 donation from real estate firm Avison Young
- Short notice cancellation reminder for requesting interpreters
- A Green New Year? New training helps you activate your eco-resolutions
- Did you forget your network password over the holidays?
- It's shawl season on Instagram!