10 things you get for free: Part 2
Submitted by Linda Rankin, Coordinator, Health Promotion & Psychological Safety, OH&S
There are many benefits and services available to PHC employees for free. You have access to Municipal Pension Plan mid-career or nearing retirement workshops; a multitude of EFAP services; free BCCDC recommended health care worker immunizations, and much more. Five free benefits were in PHC News last week and five more freebies are below:
6. Staff Mental Health & Mental Wellness website: “This One’s For You” - A PHC mental health and wellness website developed for staff to provide information and resources to support mental health and staying well. Free confidential access from home or work.
7. Mindfulness Practice at PHC, held at:
- Langara: Wednesdays, Multipurpose Room, 12-12:25 p.m.
- MSJ: Wednesdays, Harvest Room A, 12-12:30 p.m.
- SPH: weekdays in room 284 (Burrard Building), 12-12:20 p.m.
- HFH: Wednesdays, 2nd Floor Conference Room, 12-12:15 p.m.
8. Occupational Health & Safety intranet. Your free one-stop source of information, resources and short videos all focused on supporting employee health, wellness and safety.
9. Learning Hub: Courses to help you develop your skills, knowledge and competencies. Many courses and workshops are free.
10. EFAP Free LifeHub-internet based program, provides a wide range of health, wellness and work-life information. Includes an online Health Risk Appraisal, goal setting and tracking system.
PHC employees also have access to many great discounts by a variety of businesses including fitness and gym discounts making it easier for you to be active where you work or live. Don’t forget to check your benefits package and use what is available for your health and wellness.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Join the 2018 PHC Practice-Based Research Challenge!
- The role of humour, music and human touch in residential care
- New website aims to improve mental health and wellness for young people in B.C.
- 'I don’t call it elder care, I call it living'
- Final call for BC Health Care Award nominations
- The Doctors Are In podcast: They’re back
- Facing Horizons Together: Heart and Lung Health FEST 2018
- You can do it! Here are 5 quit smoking tips that worked for me
- Dear EFAP: I'm too tired to talk to my partner at night
- PICNet Educational Conference: Registration discount extended to January 26
- Used book sale! $1 each
- Resolve to connect with someone new
- The Care Connection newsletter for January is now online
- Life runs in cycles... Joy will come!