Apply for funding for Nursing Week celebrations
Submitted by Julie M. Carleton, Professional Practice Consultant-Education & NP Lead, Professional Practice Office
About PHC Nursing Practice Council
The Acute Nursing Practice Council (ANPC) is a diverse group of nurses from across all areas of Providence Health Care. We come together every second Wednesday of the month to provide input and apply point of care knowledge to improve patient care and nursing practice. If you are interested in becoming involved with the Nursing Practice Council please join us at a meeting and/or contact the Co-Chairs for details:
About National Nursing Week
May 7-13, 2018
The National Nurses Association states that Nursing Week “draws attention to nurses, increasing the awareness of the public, policy-makers and governments of the many contributions of nursing to the well-being of Canadians.”
Click here to check-out how PHC celebrated Nursing Week in 2017
This year’s theme was created by Alliah Over, RN, MN from Ontario:
Nursing roles are evolving at an exponential rate, particularly with the influence of technology and the expansion of digital technologies. We can leverage social media to raise awareness, promote advocacy and connect people across the globe on important issues. For me, this theme speaks to the expanding traditional and non-traditional roles, settings and sectors nurses work in as well as the unique opportunities for our profession presented by social media and emerging tech trends.
- Completed application forms must be submitted by April 5, 2018.
- Maximum funding per department will depend on the number of applications received. Nurse applicants will be notified one week after the deadline of the amount of reimbursement they will receive.
- Questions? Email Julie Carleton at email@example.com
To promote transparency, proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Appropriate Usage of Funds – Funds are used to celebrate the profession of nursing at Providence Health Care. Applications will be reviewed as part of the April ANPC meeting.
- Budget – Budget details are provided.
- Balance between Programs – If the number of approved proposals exceeds the available funding, consideration will be given to ensuring proposals are distributed fairly among different programs.
Ideas for celebrating
- Host a lunch-and-learn session.
- Invite a nursing leader to present on a topic of interest to colleagues.
- Plan a social outing with all the nurses in your organization.
- Organize a potluck lunch or a healthy snack break to bring nurses and other employees together.
- On social media, tell others about the diversity of your role by using the #YESThisIsNursing hashtag.
Expectations of Successful Applicants
- Your celebration will be advertised in the PHC News prior to Nursing Week.
- Funds must be utilized between May 7 and May 13, 2018.
- Submit all original receipts for reimbursement within two months by July 13, 2018 to Micaela Padilla at MPadilla@providencehealth.bc.ca
- Late receipts will NOT be accepted.
- Take pictures and submit photos of your event to be used in the PHC News and Care Connect. Event needs to demonstrate profession of Nursing at Providence Health Care.
This application is due Thursday, April 5 at noon.
Submit applications to Micaela Padilla at MPadilla@providencehealth.bc.ca.
Please find the application attached below.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Donations and volunteers needed for Providence in the Park
- Recognizing excellence in critical care nursing
- ‘The Doctors Are In’ CST podcast returns with more survival tips for MDs
- The power to heal
- Pay it forward, pay it back
- Eating and shift work: 3 easy tips to keep it healthy and simple