Attend a CGSHE speaker series event on Thursday, February 20!
Submitted by Communications & Public Affairs, Providence Health Care
Attend next week's CGSHE Speaker Series on the following topic: "Creating Trans-Inclusive Reproductive and Sexual Health Care" on Thursday, February 20th. The upcoming speaker series will explore the topics on trans-inclusive reproductive and sexual health care at St. Paul's Hospital. The presentation and discussion will be led by A.J. Lowik, a member of the CGSHE Academic Advisory Committee and SSHRC-funded PhD candidate with the Institute for Gender, Race, Sexuality and Social Justice at UBC.
This research focuses on trans people’s reproductive lives, health and decision-making processes. They are passionate about trans-inclusive reproductive justice, focusing on abortion care, birthing and nursing spaces, fertility services, menstrual health movements and beyond. A.J. works as an inclusion consultant, helping all kinds of organizations to develop trans- and gender-inclusive policies and practices, both within and beyond the health sector. Beyond reproductive and sexual health, A.J. is also passionate about trans and gender-inclusive substance use research and care, and works as a Graduate Academic Assistant with Dr. Rod Knight at the BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU).
Learn more about A.J's work here and attend the event to learn more about this topic on Thursday, February 20.
Event/ Workshop Details
- Date: Thursday, February 20
- Time: 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Location: Hurlburt Auditorium at St. Paul's Hospital
- Please note: A light lunch will be provided. Please RSVP as soon as possible to ensure sufficient food and space and to share with us any dietary or accessibility needs.
Contact: Rachel Taylor at email@example.com
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Reminder: Call for Mission & Keeping the Promise Award nominations are now open
- Last call: Nominate a scientist for the 2020 Research & Mission Award
- After breast cancer. After mastectomy. There is hope.
- The Time is Now: MSJ Future Planning
- Last chance to complete the CST Post-Go-Live Survey !
- Women are dying unnecessarily. It's time to “see red”
- Suffix it to say…[PH] labels coming back to Outlook
- Our Nursing Voice
- From The Daily Scan: Eating disorders & the power of self-compassion
- From The Daily Scan: Eggs do not give you a heart disease
- Don't forget to celebrate Pink Shirt Day on February 26
- Learn about the Psychosocial Factors – Psychological Protection
- Attend a CHÉOS Work in Progress Seminar: Engaging Young People in Research, Clinical Care & Policy
- 5 Minute Rounds at PHC