Automated Shift Callout – What’s next?
Submitted by ASC Project Team
We are excited to announce that crucial steps towards the implementation of the Automated Shift Callout (ASC) solution are underway.
The latest update
We sent letters to staff affected by ASC explaining ASC and providing steps for staff to activate their network ID and email account. Having an active network ID and email account is vital so that staff can access the ASC employee portal. This employee portal is necessary to:
- Set up and make changes to shift offer notification preferences (e.g. add text and email options). By default, staff will only receive automated voice call shift offers unless they change their preferences.
- Bid on a missed voice call shift offer. The employee portal is the only way to bid on an available shift offer if a voice call offer was missed.
- View and bid on all active shift offers in one place.
- View shift offer bid history.
When will I begin receiving shifts through ASC?
ASC allows you to receive shifts when, where and how you want. With ASC, you can receive shift offers by voice call, sms text message, email and on the unique online portal. We’re implementing this across PHC for staff currently staffed by the centralized staffing office.
Tentative Go-Live dates are set and we’re excited to announce them today.
Staff Scheduling and St. Paul’s Hospital 6B
- June 6, 2017-June 18, 2017
Acute St. Paul’s Hospital and Mount Saint Joseph
- June 19, 2017-July 3, 2017
Residential Care sites
- July 4, 2017-July 16, 2017
Health Information Management
- July 17, 2017-July 31, 2017
Be sure you’re ready!
To make sure there is a smooth transition to ASC, we ask that staff have activated their network ID and email address by June 15, 2017. Contact your program clerk in the staff scheduling office to learn how to activate your network ID and email address.
- Not too sure what ASC is or how it works? Check out these videos to learn how to use ASC in preparation for Go Live this summer.
- Keep your eyes peeled on PHC News and your email inbox for more ASC Updates and information.
- For more information and resources go to asc.providencehealthcare.org
- Email us at ASC@providencehealth.bc.ca
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- PHC Gears Up for Accreditation 2017
- Participate in City of Vancouver + new St. Paul's planning process online now
- Megamorphosis Pre-Work Preambles at Brock Fahrni
- Kidney Krew thanks nurses
- It’s all about the socks!
- Nominate People and Projects That Made Health Care Better!
- Physio Month Profile: Shauna Gould
- Mother’s Day Miracle: Multiple St. Paul’s medical teams save life of pregnant BC mom and her baby
- New Hospital Shuttle Service Alert - Check Before You Go
- Brilliant fundraiser moving to Spring 2018
- Donate to support youth and your gift will be doubled!
- Get a coffee mate. Chat. Repeat
- Rapid Access Addiction Clinic at St. Paul’s redefining treatment for problematic substance use
- Nurse’s long-lost keepsake at centre of mother-son story that spans six decades
- Aboriginal Awareness Week: May 23 - 27
- A screening success
- How well do you know Occupational Health & Safety?
- 2-in-1 Handbags Back by Popular Demand!