BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS Clinical Education program receives national award for their HIV Preceptorship Program
Submitted by PHC Communications
Congratulations to the Clinical Education Program at the BC Centre For Excellence in HIV/AIDS (BC-CFE) for receiving the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) National Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Award for the HIV Preceptorship Program!
The CFPC National CPD Award recognizes a Mainpro+ certified educational program which has provided an exceptional learning experience to practicing or practice-eligible CFPC members.
Dr. Silvia Guillemi, assistant medical director for the immunodeficiency clinic and director of clinical education at the BC-CFE accepted the award on behalf of the BC-CFE Clinical Education program.
The preceptorship training program was developed in 2011. It has since trained more than 80 family physicians and nurse practitioners as a part of an initiative to implement and expand antiretroviral therapy supporting the treatment as prevention strategy pioneered by the BC-CFE. As a result of this unique program, more family physicians have the knowledge to treat individuals living with HIV, leading to a significant impact on the number of patients seen by those physicians.
Congratulations once again to Dr. Guillemi and the clinical education team!
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Protect yourself and others this Flu season
- Please do the Check-in Survey
- This Saturday, Lights of Hope “set up day” starts bright and early for volunteers
- The Stanley Cup of Health Care Awards: Coming to Vancouver
- 5 reasons not to miss Dr. Bernacki’s special rounds on Serious Illness Care Conversations
- PHC receives CoachingWise designation
- Nurses at St. Paul’s Hospital and Mount Saint Joseph Hospital now provide take-home naloxone kits to acute-care patients
- Registration is open for PICNet's 2017 Educational Conference
- Dr. Rodney Andrew receives the 2016 Family Physician of the Year award
- Happy 70th Birthday to Beverly, a Fabulous Gift Shop Volunteer!
- Antibiotic Awareness Week is November 14 – 20, 2016.
- PHC Medical Imaging Technologists Celebrate MRT Week at MSJ and SPH
- Movember- A Month Dedicated to Men's Health & Wellness
- Tackling waste from patient kitchens: amazing savings achieved across the Lower Mainland
- Living well with diabetes public health forum