Buy your tickets for Scotiabank Feast of Fortune!
Submitted by Michaela Davies, Digital Communications Specialist, St. Paul's Foundation
This year, Scotiabank Feast of Fortune will touch many of us — maybe even all of us — as the gala event’s fundraising focus involves breast cancer.
Through personal experience, family or friends, colleagues or acquaintances, breast cancer is close to us all. Fortunately, it’s a battle we’re winning. Yet, it’s a battle we must keep fighting.
This year, Feast of Fortune donations will go toward a state-of-the-art mammography machine that has a new technology called “tomosynthesis,” which creates a 3-D image. Tomosynthesis has been hailed as a breakthrough in breast cancer detection as it can see through denser breast tissue, which has long been a challenge for traditional mammography. This means better breast cancer detection.
What is truly inspiring about this year’s Scotiabank Feast of Fortune? The older machine this new one will replace was purchased with funds raised at the inaugural Feast of Fortune event ten years ago, in 2008. This shows how gifts from our community contribute to excellence at Mount Saint Joseph Hospital.
The Scotiabank Feast of Fortune takes place Saturday, February 3, at the JW Marriot Parq in Vancouver. Want to be a part of this wonderful night? There are still tickets available and you can buy them here.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Lights, camera, celebrate! PHC Long Service Awards starring our 2017 recipients
- 'The love of my life was sacrificing a piece of himself to help me get better'
- 'The staff continue to exceed expectations,' says son, of mother’s care at Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
- St. Paul's Gift Shop takes steps to curb rampant shoplifting
- 6 tips to create a safe workplace and reduce theft
- Online paycheques coming soon for PHC staff
- Dr. Krahn and team receive $772,650 CIHR project grant
- The Doctors Are In podcast: Getting ready for go-live
- On January 31, let's talk about mental health
- Physiotherapy 101: Top tips to stay healthy on the slopes this winter
- Take part in PEDAW 2018!
- Time to test your brain - Ethics Case of the Month is here!
- Dear EFAP: My new man needs a makeover!
- New standards outline payment amounts to use when engaging people with substance use experience
- Data Privacy Day 2018: Are you using your mobile devices safely?
- Catch of the month!
- Psychology month public lectures announced
- Writing winning (hopefully!) award applications
- Register now for the Geriatric Services Conference and be entered to win a tablet
- St. Paul's Hospital needs magazine donations
- SPH February vendors announced
- Have a Buddha-full weekend!