Catch the Early Bird Registration for the Geriatric Services Conference and be Entered to Win a Tablet!
Submitted by Courtney Symes, nurse educator, Seniors' Care
There is still time to get the early bird registration rate for the Geriatric Services Conference, and be entered into the draw for a tablet!
Attendees at this year’s Geriatric Services conference will have the opportunity to hear Kathy Pichora-Fuller speak during the daytime portion of the event, in a panel on research developments, in a conversation about seniors’ care, and as the presenter during the interactive evening public presentation on sensory health and aging well.
Kathy Pichora-Fuller’s basic research program concerns auditory aging and her clinical research concerns audiological rehabilitation for older adults. She has earned an international reputation for her interdisciplinary approach in linking research on auditory and cognitive processing during communication in everyday life. She translates her lab-based research on auditory and cognitive aging to address the needs of older adults who suffer from both hearing and cognitive impairments, with a new focus on social engagement and healthy aging.
Attendees interested will have the opportunity to learn, and explore the links between hearing, aging, cognition, and living well.
For more information and to register, visit the conference website here.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- You're invited - Come learn about what CST means for you!
- Researchers hopeful after second person seemingly free of HIV following bone-marrow transplant
- BC Centre on Substance Use at St. Paul’s welcomes drug implant as new therapy for opioid dependence
- Don't forget to Spring Forward on March 10!
- You're invited to a free screening of the Academy Award-nominated film End Game
- Luke Perry's death shows stroke can hit at any age
- 5 Minute Rounds at PHC
- New research could revolutionize how we treat chronic lung disease
- Last call to nominate a PHC scientist for the Research & Mission Award
- Last call for nomination to the Mission Awards & Keeping the Promise Award
- Nutrition Month is coming to St. Paul's this March!
- Exploring the link between teamwork and patient safety