Conference designed to assist clinicians in managing chronic pain
Submitted by Communications and Public Affairs
Physicians, health professionals, administrators, and others interested in the management of pain will want to mark their calendars.
The 31st annual Pain and Suffering Symposium Chronic Pain Management Conference, presented by the Foundation for Medical Excellence in cooperation with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia, takes place the first weekend of March. This course is designed to assist clinicians in managing the most challenging of pain patient - patients with complex chronic pain.
Date: Friday, March 2 to Saturday, March 3
Location: Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, 791 West Georgia St.
Description: Balancing Opioid and Non-Opioid Approaches to Chronic Pain
Complex chronic pain infiltrates multiple dimensions of the patient’s life. Because of this, opioids are less effective in treating them. This conference assumes a basic knowledge of opioid prescribing principles and does not focus on the nuts and bolts of opiate prescribing. Rather, it focuses on defining the proper role of opiates in the management of complex chronic pain and describes other effective therapies. Participants will also acquire new techniques for recognizing and managing cognitive and behavioural factors in pain and treating chronic pain syndromes, including fibromyalgia.
For more information, please see the event brochure.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Nominate an individual or team for a 2018 Mission Award
- Keeping the Promise Award honours commitment to social justice
- 11th Annual Scotiabank Feast of Fortune Gala raises $900,115 for Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
- "Do you know their life story?" Patient- and family-centred care for those with mental-health issues
- Have you ever wondered what a stress test actually looks like?
- Reducing the long wait for GI care
- Pink Shirt Day is on its way!
- Dear EFAP: Rain, rain, go away!
- Depression in heart patients linked to higher chances of mortality
- All we need is…chocolate: A PHC dietitian’s guide to balancing the good stuff
- This year's Geriatrics Services Conference will Inspire Connections
- Got 15,000 eggs on hand?
- Spoil your Valentine with a sweet treat from the SPH Gift Shop