CST podcast: Make a listening appointment, The Doctors Are In
Submitted by Ryan Ingram, Communications Coordinator, Clinical & Systems Transformation
Are you curious what it’s like to flip the switch and go live with a clinical information system? Then make an appointment to listen to this new CST audio podcast.
In The Doctors Are In, the CST Audio Network’s debut podcast, Dr. Eric Grafstein – CST’s Chief Medical Information Officer for VCH/PHC – talks to physicians from Canadian hospitals that have successfully made the jump over to a new clinical information system.
In this episode, Dr. Grafstein is joined by CMIO Dr. Geoff Heseltine from Ontario’s Cornwall Community Hospital for a candid discussion on Cornwall’s go-live experiences, including how they got ready and how things changed.
This seven-minute conversation is the first of three parts. In next week’s episode, Dr. Grafstein and Dr. Heseltine talk about the “valley of despair” involved with adapting to a new system and how productivity was impacted after go-live.
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) project is a joint initiative of three health organizations: Vancouver Coastal Health, Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care. The project is designed to improve the safety, quality and consistency of patient care. The transformation will be supported by the implementation of a shared clinical information system that will replace aging existing systems.
Visit cstproject.ca for more information.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- To give back to MSJ, Hong Kong singer to perform at Scotiabank Feast of Fortune gala
- Got the January blues? You're not alone and there are ways to relieve them
- 3 PHC tips and resources to take control of your mental health and mental wellness
- Announcing the PHC Practice-Based Research Challenge!
- Dear EFAP: The husband of an acquaintance likes me as more than just a friend
- 10 things you get for free: Part 1
- PHC participates in Canada's Digital Technology Supercluster initiative
- Burnout in ICU professionals has moral distress factor
- Quality Forum 2018: Registration is open!
- Foundry receives $7,500 donation from real estate firm Avison Young
- Short notice cancellation reminder for requesting interpreters
- A Green New Year? New training helps you activate your eco-resolutions
- Did you forget your network password over the holidays?
- It's shawl season on Instagram!