From The Daily Scan: How to start exercising
Submitted by Communications & Public Affairs, Providence Health Care
Congratulations. You’ve decided to start exercising. A fantastic first step. Exercise is great for your health. Not only does it reduce your chances of getting disease and early death, it also improves your mental wellbeing and even one session will refresh you and make you feel better. But where do you start?
Do you sign up for a gym membership aiming to got 3-5 times per week? What about an aerobics class or entering a fun run a few months down the road? You're motivated, so surely it’s just a case of doing it. However, it was, then everybody would be doing it and you probably wouldn’t be reading this.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- St. Paul’s Foundation Lights of Hope raises more than $3.2 million for Providence Health Care’s Greatest Needs
- PHC's Practice-Based Research Challenge Launches Today -- Learn how to get involved!
- Attention PHC Nurses! Get paid to go back to school: Providence Recruiters are holding information sessions to talk to you about our specialty training opportunities
- A look back at 2019
- From The Daily Scan: Best of 2019
- We're moving into the new year by reflecting on our past and success -- PHC celebrates 125 years!
- Calling all volunteers: We need you. Yes, YOU!
- From The Daily Scan: St. Paul's surgeon featured in new Gray's Anatomy
- From The Daily Scan: Got a New Year’s Resolution? Here’s what you need to do
- Join Medicine's first-ever Journal Club, which kicked off in the new year!
- Learn about the Psychosocial Factors – Involvement & Influence
- 5 Minute Rounds at PHC