From the Daily Scan: Winter weather - what you can do to help the most vulnerable
Submitted by Communications & Public Affairs
A major snowfall in the Lower Mainland usually comes with plenty of public-service reminders to stay home if possible.
Yet for Vancouver’s more than 2,200 homeless people, having access to a warm, comfortable and safe shelter may not be an option. When temperatures plunge and the flakes start to fall, it’s all too common to see figures huddled in doorways or other spaces, trying to seek refuge from the icy, snowy weather.
Sometimes, winter can prove fatal for people without shelter.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Get a front row seat to Providence’s go-live story
- Providence a Key Partner in Today’s Digital Supercluster Announcement
- A Look Ahead
- Iranian plane tragedy victims mourned
- From the Daily Scan: Would you recognize a life-threatening medical emergency right in front of you?
- PHC ready to meet Vancouver's ban on single-use items
- From the Daily Scan: 25 is the new 40?: Research shows benefits of earlier cholesterol screening