Data Privacy Day 2018: Are you using your mobile devices safely?
Submitted by Patric Yuen, Privacy Advisor, Information Access and Privacy Office
On January 28, Canada and many countries around the world celebrate Data Privacy Day. Data Privacy Day highlights the impact technology is having on our privacy rights and underlines the importance of valuing and protecting personal information. For Data Privacy Day 2018, the Information Access and Privacy Office at Providence Health Care would like to highlight mobile device security and the things you can do to protect your own privacy.
Open the attached document to view privacy and security tips for your mobile devices.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Lights, camera, celebrate! PHC Long Service Awards starring our 2017 recipients
- 'The love of my life was sacrificing a piece of himself to help me get better'
- 'The staff continue to exceed expectations,' says son, of mother’s care at Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
- St. Paul's Gift Shop takes steps to curb rampant shoplifting
- 6 tips to create a safe workplace and reduce theft
- Online paycheques coming soon for PHC staff
- Dr. Krahn and team receive $772,650 CIHR project grant
- The Doctors Are In podcast: Getting ready for go-live
- On January 31, let's talk about mental health
- Physiotherapy 101: Top tips to stay healthy on the slopes this winter
- Buy your tickets for Scotiabank Feast of Fortune!
- Take part in PEDAW 2018!
- Time to test your brain - Ethics Case of the Month is here!
- Dear EFAP: My new man needs a makeover!
- New standards outline payment amounts to use when engaging people with substance use experience
- Catch of the month!
- Psychology month public lectures announced
- Writing winning (hopefully!) award applications
- Register now for the Geriatric Services Conference and be entered to win a tablet
- St. Paul's Hospital needs magazine donations
- SPH February vendors announced
- Have a Buddha-full weekend!