Do you know a Nursing Hero?
Submitted by Kristie Jones, Editor, Hospital News
Have you been inspired, encouraged or empowered by an employee or a colleague? Have you or your loved one been touched by the care and compassion of an outstanding nurse? Do you know a nurse who has gone above and beyond the call of duty?
Hospital News will once again salute nursing heroes through its annual National Nursing Week (May 7 to 13) contest. Nominations for the 13th Annual Hospital News Nursing Hero Awards can be submitted by patients or patients' family members, colleagues or managers.
Please submit by April 6 and make sure that your entry contains the following information:
- Full name of the nurse
- Your contact information
- Facility where he/she worked at the time
- Your nursing hero story
Along with having their story published, the winner also will take home a cash prize: 1st prize: $1,000; 2nd prize: $500; 3rd prize: $300.
Email submissions to email@example.com or mail to: Hospital News, 610 Applewood Crescent, Suite 401, Vaughan, ON, L4K 0E3
See attached poster below for details.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Lights, camera, celebrate! PHC Long Service Recognition events start in April
- Join HIM in celebrating the 29th annual Health Information Professionals Week
- Legacy CDs unique music therapy for palliative care patients
- To snack or not to snack?
- Important fiscal year end deadlines are approaching
- Join the PHC Interprofessional Research Celebration
- Nomination deadline for Professional Practice Awards extended to April 9
- Last chance to recognize a PHC scientist for their outstanding research
- Last call for Mission Award nominations
- Sort it right: mixed paper
- Read the March issue of the Care Connection
- Final call for BC Health Care Award nominations
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day from the SPH Gift Shop
- Two-in-one handbags back by popular demand