Don't forget to celebrate Pink Shirt Day on February 26
Submitted by Sadaf Haghdan, Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator Occupational Health and Safety
Wear something pink to celebrate Pink Shirt Day and show support for working together to prevent bullying!
Pink Shirt Day creates a perfect opportunity for us to shine a light on our respect actions and our desire to foster environments where our people thrive. The simple act of wearing something pink can start conversations – conversations can be a big step towards healing and helping.
Respect is a core value at PHC and is an important characteristic of how we interact with our patients, residents, and one another. When we keep respect top of mind, it helps us all feel safe, function better, and be more engaged in the work we do. On February 26, 2020, let’s wear our respect for one another, our patients, residents and loved ones, on our sleeves (or wrists, or headbands, or sunglasses, or whatever pink piece of apparel you choose!).
Wearing pink on February 26th sends a strong message that we care.
PINK SHIRT DAY CONTEST
This will be the fifth year that our very popular Respect at Work contest is being run. We are asking staff to nominate a leader who models respectful behavior at work. Staff that complete this have a chance to win a prize for themselves and their nominee.
Email email@example.com with the following information by February 21nd:
1. Your first and last name
2. Your phone number
3. Your leaders name
4. A brief description on how your leader models respectful behaviour at work
Paper nomination forms will be available for staff at our long term care (attached below). The winners of the Pink Shirt Day contest will be contacted on Pink Shirt Day and we will be posting the winners in PHC News on March 5th.
Did you know?
Pink Shirt Day began with two Nova Scotia high school students, who decided to take a stand against bullying in their own school and now it is celebrated across our Province. Find out more here: http://pinkshirtday.ca/
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Reminder: Call for Mission & Keeping the Promise Award nominations are now open
- Last call: Nominate a scientist for the 2020 Research & Mission Award
- After breast cancer. After mastectomy. There is hope.
- The Time is Now: MSJ Future Planning
- Last chance to complete the CST Post-Go-Live Survey !
- Women are dying unnecessarily. It's time to “see red”
- Suffix it to say…[PH] labels coming back to Outlook
- Our Nursing Voice
- From The Daily Scan: Eating disorders & the power of self-compassion
- From The Daily Scan: Eggs do not give you a heart disease
- Learn about the Psychosocial Factors – Psychological Protection
- Attend a CHÉOS Work in Progress Seminar: Engaging Young People in Research, Clinical Care & Policy
- Attend a CGSHE speaker series event on Thursday, February 20!
- 5 Minute Rounds at PHC