Dr. Keith Walley to step down as HLI Director
Submitted by Christine Lyon, Communications Specialist, PHCRI
Dr. Keith Walley has stepped down from his position as Director of the Centre for Heart Lung Innovation, effective March 21, 2018.
Dr. Walley was appointed Director of the HLI in January, 2013. Under his leadership, the HLI experienced incredible success, releasing high-impact publications, securing prestigious funding and expanding its family of talented researchers.
Dr. Walley will continue in his roles as Principal Investigator at the HLI, Professor of Medicine at UBC, and Associate Director, ICU at St. Paul’s Hospital.
The search for his replacement is currently underway. Until a permanent Director is appointed, Dr. Tillie Hackett and Dr. Gordon Francis will act as interim Co-Directors of the HLI.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Being diagnosed with kidney disease is 'not the end of the road'
- March is for music therapy!
- Help prevent disease through foods you eat
- The Geriatric Services Conference is coming up on April 6
- Ethics Services - a resource for all
- Time to stretch your brain - April's Ethics Case of the Month is here!
- Dear EFAP: I have no clue how to do my taxes
- Hear Dr. Martha Mackay speak about ethnicity, ED care, and acute coronary syndrome
- Spring cleaning? Donations needed for the SPH Clothing Depot and Patient Library!
- Nomination deadline for Professional Practice Awards extended to April 9
- SPRING into Random Coffee
- Easter is coming! And so is inventory day!