Enter the #GetLoud contest - support the conversation about mental health
Submitted by Linda Rankin, Coordinator, Health Promotion & Psychological Safety, OH&S
There is still time to enter the #GetLoud contest! Let's get social and talk about what mental health really is during the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) mental health week from May 7 - 13.
The CMHA has been bringing awareness and encouraging the conversation about mental illness and wellness for over 65 years. According to the CMHA, “mental health is about more than mental illness. It’s more than being happy all the time. It’s about feeling good about who you are, having balance in your live and managing life’s highs and lows. Everyone deserves to feel well, whatever their mental health experience."
PHC, let’s #GetLoud about mental health! Let’s show our support for having the conversation about mental health and wellness and let’s talk about it to help reduce stigma. Mental health is only one component of health and wellness and is as important as physical health.
Gather your colleagues and join the conversation.
#GetLoud Campaign Instructions:
- Print the image below (one for each person).
- Each person completes the sentence, “I make the world…”.
- Take a selfie but preferably a group photo of you and your colleagues showing your completed statement.
- Enter the contest by submitting your photo to the Health Promotions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be entered in the draw for an individual or group health and wellness gift basket (generously donated by Davie St Shopper’s Drug Mart).
- Photos will be accepted until May 15.
- Winners will be announced in PHC News on May 18.
You can find additional information about mental health at the CMHA wesbite or you can find resources, information and videos about health and well-being on PHC Connect's Occupational Health & Safety's Health Promotion page or on the Staff Mental Health & Mental Wellness website which is confidentially accessible from home or work and includes information, videos and resources on mental health and wellness.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Japanese couple celebrates Mother's Day with the birth of their "little cherry blossom" at St. Paul's new maternity clinic
- We're celebrating National Nursing Week - #YESThisIsNursing
- Exploring PHC's nursing leadership paths
- The unveiling of the Spiritual Journey of the Shaman painting
- New site at St. Paul's helps save lives
- How a lost brooch became the final piece to a touching wedding blessing in the CICU
- "Keeping the Light Shining" - Capstone Conference held at Vandusen's Floral Hall
- Eye clinic provides life changing care in the Downtown East Side
- Dr. Herbert Fitterman: an eye on the future
- PHC researchers funded in Health Professional-Investigator competition
- The Foundry shares real stories from young adults about mental health
- How communicatively accessible are your health care services?
- Sign up today for the commuter challenge!
- Don't forget to register for Research Day
- Apply for the Enhanced Patient Care Grant before May 31
- Care Connection for May is now online
- Mother's Day is this Sunday, May 13
- SPH Cafeteria Menu May 14 - 20
- Do not recycle these common plastic recycling contaminants