Exquisito!? Check out this parody video
Submitted by Communications & Public Affairs
To celebrate, we've been blasting our social channels with #HLI40 photos, fun facts, research breakthroughs, past media coverage, and so on. If you haven't had time to get swept up in all milestones that HLI has reached and accomplished over the past four decades, there's no time like the present.
While you're at it, definitely take a minute to see what HLI personnel get up to when they're not busy advancing the care and treatment of one of our key patient populations, cardio-pulmonary. You'll be happy you did.
- HLI staff parody of Luis Fonsi's Despacito
Take a walk down memory lane with HLI's past directors, Dr. James Hogg, Dr. Peter Paré, Dr. Bruce McManus, and current director, Dr. Keith Walley, as they reflect on what their original visions for the Centre, challenges they had to overcome, fond memories, as well as look to the future and aspirations for the next 40 years of research excellence:
No doubt perusing all of the above has been a great refresher for the HLI quiz that we proposed last week.
Spoiler alert: the answers are posted below.
- What does HLI stand for?
- Centre for Heart Lung Innovation!
- How many directors have led the HLI throughout its 40 years?
- Four: Dr. James Hogg, Co-founder & Director, 1977 to 999; Dr. Peter Paré, Co-founder & Director, 2000 to 2005; Dr. Bruce McManus, Director, 2006 to 2012; Dr. Keith Walley, Director, 2013 to present.
- Name four problem areas that HLI tackles.
- Heart, lung, vessel and critical-care diseases.
- Where in St. Paul’s was the research lab now known as HLI initially started?
- An underused nurses' locker room at St. Paul's.
- How many personnel currently support the research happening at HLI?
Let us know how you did in the comments section below, and happy anniversary to all HLI trainees, students, researchers, personnel and directors!
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- This One’s For You – mental health and wellness resources available now
- Flu clinics start next week!
- That's nuts!
- Need a volunteer for a patient?
- Team Hand Hygiene – On the Road!
- Mark Your Calendars - RT Week is coming!