Federal Health Minister Philpott pays a visit to Foundry and the Inner City Youth team
Submitted by Ann Gibbon, senior communications specialist, Communications & Public Affairs
Members of Foundry and the Inner City Youth team at Providence Health Care's Granville Youth Health Centre were thrilled to welcome Federal Health Minister Dr. Jane Philpott to the Centre earlier this month.
Dr. Philpott chatted with members of the team to talk about the integrated care model, which creates a “one-stop-shop” for young people to get access to the services they need. During her tour and visit, she also met with members of ICY’s Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) to discuss their experience with the program and their involvement with committee.
“We were grateful for the Minister’s visit, as it recognizes the needs of Canadian young people facing mental-health and substance-use issues along with the work we are doing,” said Dr. Steve Mathias, executive director of Foundry. “We welcomed the chance to share with her the integrated care approach through the ICY program and the Foundry model that we believe makes it easier for young people to get care and support.”
One young person who participated in research on ICY’s Take Home Naloxone program presented Dr. Philpott with a copy of the Wakes you Up book that was created by young people for young people about THN.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Megamorphosis blossoms in Brock Fahrni Orange Neighbourhood
- 5 reasons to go digital
- PSLS Handlers of PHC
- Dr. Victoria Su honoured as Affiliate Employer Health Care Hero at 2017 BC Health Care Awards
- The Cognitive-Language group – a unique group at Holy Family Hospital
- Last Call: Help make PHC News the best it can be!
- Celebrating Research at Providence Health Care: A Recap on Research Day
- New ADS portal on DASH replacing Commitment to Excellence website on 4th of July, 2017
- Dr. Liam Brunhman announced one of Canada's top 40 under 40 for 2017
- “Air” on the side of caution & win a Fitbit Flex 2
- Tell Sodexo how they're doing
- Happy Canada Day from St. Paul's Hospital Gift Shop!