Fiscal Year End Memo: Important Deadlines
Submitted by Javeed Sannu , Senior Business Analyst, Finance, Accounting, PHC
To ensure all employee expense reimbursements and purchases are included in the current fiscal year ending March 31, 2019; the following deadlines must be followed:
Note: Please allow for mailing time to ensure all the claims and request for payments are received before the deadline. In order to minimize any delays, envelopes/packages going to PHSA Accounts Payable or Payroll should be clearly marked. It is suggested that any envelopes/packages going to PHSA Accounts Payable or Payroll be couriered if the deadline is imminent.
Please note the following points:
- All invoices sent to Accounts Payable must be accompanied with the appropriate authorization and your cost centre (Department) coding. Please use the PeopleSoft Department Code (8 digits) + the Site Code (3 digits) (e.g. SPH 400, HFH 380; Youville 360; MSJ 350; Brock Fahrni 340; Langara 320; Honoria Conway 310, St Johns Hospice 370).
- The recording of expenses is based on receipt of goods and services rendered on or before March 31, 2019. For purchases of tangible goods, they must be physically received by Providence Health Care by March 31, 2019 in order to be charged to 2018/19 fiscal year. For purchases relating to services, the service must have been rendered in order to be charged to 2018/19 fiscal year.
- Independent Contractors are not permitted to bill in advance of services they expect to render on or up to March 31st, 2019. Vendors are only permitted to submit invoices after the service has been performed. It is the department’s responsibility to enforce this policy and perform adequate review over service dates before authorizing payment.
- Proforma Invoices and Quotes cannot be processed by Accounts Payables. Every effort should be made to obtain an actual invoice, however in the event you are unable to obtain an invoice, proforma invoices and quotes should be directed to PHC Finance to coordinate any necessary accruals.
- The issuance of a purchase requisition or purchase order before March 31, 2019 does not necessarily mean the costs will be charged against the 2018/19 budget.
- Invoices received after March 22, 2019 deadline for payment should be accrued if not processed by PHSA Accounts Payable. Please contact PHC Finance to coordinate necessary accruals.
If you have any questions regarding year end accruals or this memo, please contact Javeed Sannu in PHC-General Accounting at: email@example.com or phone 604-806-9041 or your financial analyst, thank you.
Also, please note the following on this year's Fiscal Year End Receiving Deadline below:
For 2018/2019 fiscal year end, all purchase order (PO) related goods or services must be received into the Peoplesoft system before end of business day March 31, 2019, to ensure it is expensed against fiscal 2018/2019 budget. If you receive any PO goods or services directly to your department, which have bypassed the Receiving Department, please complete the following steps:
1. When item is received, check the package and the packing slip to confirm that the following is correct:
- Vendor name
- PO number
- Quantity in package
2. Print on the packing slip:
- Your name
- Your contact information
- Any discrepancies between the package and the packing slip
3. Sign the packing slip.
4. Send the packing slip immediately to the Receiving Department.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Erick Nguyen, Coordinator, Distribution Services, PHC at (604) 806-8293 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your cooperation on this matter.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- New St. Paul’s Hospital officially moving forward
- Have you heard? It's happening and here's what you need to know
- Hot off the press
- In memory of Sister Margaret Vickers
- From plastic to paper: small changes help hospital go green
- When Alzheimer's runs in the family
- 5 Minute Rounds at PHC
- Weekend warriors beware: snow shovelling can hurt your heart
- Providence people Wear Red in light of women’s heart health campaign
- The first 48-hours
- Learn more about the presenters at this year's Geriatric Services Conference
- Is that email really from your favourite online retailer?