Get ready, healthy workplace month is starting on October 1!
Submitted by Linda Rankin, Coordinator, Health Promotion & Psychological Safety, Occupational Health & Safety
It’s that time of year again. Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month begins on October 1. This is the third year Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) is inviting Providence staff to participate in the "Change One Thing Challenge" (for your health and wellness while at work) during Healthy Workplace Month. It’s a great time to look at your workday and ask yourself, “what one thing can I change in my workday which would benefit my mental and physical health and wellness?”. Do you need to make taking your breaks a priority, maybe a short walk, how about choosing the stairs more often, drinking more water, eating an apple a day or being more mindful?
Whatever you choose, it contributes to a healthier you and demonstrates that healthy habits are doable at work and healthy habits at work helps promote and enhance a healthy workplace culture.
Along with the “Change One Thing Challenge" there will be a wide variety of workshops and in-services schedule at various Providence sites throughout the month:
- EFAP presents “Making the Best of Stress” at SPH & MSJ
- EFAP presents “Mindful Communication" at Brock Fahrni
- Financial Literacy Council presents “Saving, Investing & Retiring” at SPH, MSJ and Langara
- Clinical Sleep Solutions presents On-Site Sleep Assessments at SPH, MSJ and Langara (to reserve an appointment, email email@example.com)
- Clinical Sleep Solutions presents “Tired of Feeling Tired” at MSJ and Holy Family
- Kintec: Footwear + Orthotics presents “On your feet all day?" at Langara and Brock Fahrni
RSVP via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check the Providence calendar for details of the date, times and locations of each workshop and look for the posters if a presentation is being given at your site.
Plan to join the “Change One Thing Challenge" during Healthy Workplace Month?
Send us a short note sharing what you’ve changed to better improve your mental and physical health and wellness at work. Email us at email@example.com and you’ll be entered in a draw for great prizes.
Don’t forget to check PHC News throughout October for workplace health and wellness articles, tips and a “foot” quiz which will get you entered in the Kintec prize package.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Vacation planning for 2019 begins in October – here’s what you need to know
- Teams and individuals walk for strength, for health, and for life
- Interested in Knowledge Translation? Announcing the PHC/VCH KT Challenge!
- Upcoming events from Professional Practice