How well do you know Occupational Health & Safety?
Submitted by Linda Rankin, coordinator, health promotion & psychological safety, Occupational Health & Safety
For those who attended the OH&S Health & Wellness Fair at SPH on May 17, there was an opportunity to meet the OH&S team and learn a bit more about who we are, what we do and the resources and supports available. Hypertension Canada was on hand doing blood pressures (they will be back on May 31, SPH, dining room 1 & 2 11am-1pm) and there was an opportunity to enter a draw to win one of two jam packed gift baskets donated by the Shopper’s Drug Mart on Davie and Kingsgate Mall.
If you weren’t able to attend the OH&S Fair, you still have an opportunity to win one of the two beautiful gift baskets. Complete the “How Well Do You Know OH&S” quiz below and submit to email@example.com. Visit the OH&S intranet site (under Human Resources tab on PHC Connect) to find all of the quiz answers. Entries will be accepted until noon on May 29. The randomly chosen winners will be announced in the June 1 PHC News.
How well do you know your OH&S?
- What is the sick time threshold at Providence Health Care?
- Does Providence Health Care have short term disability?
- What is the goal of Health Promotion?
- Name one of the 4 main categories on the Musculoskeletal Injury Prevention page
- How often should workplace safety inspections be carried out in clinical areas?
- Name 4 situations when you would call the Workplace Health Call Centre?
- What supports are available to individuals dealing with bullying and harassment in the workplace?
Good Luck to all!
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- PHC Gears Up for Accreditation 2017
- Participate in City of Vancouver + new St. Paul's planning process online now
- Automated Shift Callout – What’s next?
- Megamorphosis Pre-Work Preambles at Brock Fahrni
- Kidney Krew thanks nurses
- It’s all about the socks!
- Nominate People and Projects That Made Health Care Better!
- Physio Month Profile: Shauna Gould
- Mother’s Day Miracle: Multiple St. Paul’s medical teams save life of pregnant BC mom and her baby
- New Hospital Shuttle Service Alert - Check Before You Go
- Brilliant fundraiser moving to Spring 2018
- Donate to support youth and your gift will be doubled!
- Get a coffee mate. Chat. Repeat
- Rapid Access Addiction Clinic at St. Paul’s redefining treatment for problematic substance use
- Nurse’s long-lost keepsake at centre of mother-son story that spans six decades
- Aboriginal Awareness Week: May 23 - 27
- A screening success
- 2-in-1 Handbags Back by Popular Demand!