Important fiscal year end deadlines are approaching
Submitted by Karamjeet Heer, Corporate Director, Financial Services
To ensure all employee expense reimbursements and purchases are included in the current fiscal year ending March 31, 2018; the following deadlines must be followed:
Note: Please allow for mailing time to ensure all the claims and request for payments are received before the deadline. In order to minimize any delays, envelopes/packages going to BCCSS Accounts Payable or Payroll should be clearly marked.
Please note the following points:
- All invoices sent to Accounts Payable must be accompanied with the appropriate authorization and your cost centre (Department) coding. Please use the PeopleSoft Department Code (8 digits) + the Site Code (3 digits) (e.g. SPH 400, HFH 380; Youville 360; MSJ 350; Brock Fahrni 340; Langara 320; Honoria Conway 310, St Johns Hospice 370).
- The recording of expenses is based on receipt of goods and services rendered on or before March 31, 2018. For purchases of tangible goods, they must be physically received by Providence Health Care by March 31, 2018 in order to be charged to 2017/18 fiscal year. For purchases relating to services, the service must have been rendered in order to be charged to 2017/18 fiscal year.
- Independent Contractors are not permitted to bill in advance of services they expect to render on or up to March 31st , 2018. Vendors are only permitted to submit invoices after the service has been performed. It is the department’s responsibility to enforce this policy and perform adequate review over service dates before authorizing payment.
- The issuance of a purchase requisition or purchase order before March 31, 2018 does not necessarily mean the costs will be charged against the 2017/18 budget.
- Invoices received after March 23, 2018 deadline for payment should be accrued if not processed by BCCSS Accounts Payable. Please contact PHC Finance to coordinate necessary accruals.
If you have any questions regarding year end accruals or this memo, please contact Javeed Sannu in PHC-General Accounting at: email@example.com phone 604-806-9041 or your financial analyst.
Thank you for your cooperation on this matter.
2017/2018 Fiscal Year End Receiving Deadline
For 2017/2018 fiscal year end, all purchase order (PO) related goods or services must be received into the Peoplesoft system before end of business day March 31, 2018, to ensure it is expensed against fiscal 2017/2018 budget. If you receive any PO goods or services directly to your department, which have bypassed the Receiving Department, please complete the following steps:
1. When item is received, check the package and the packing slip to confirm that the following is correct:
- Vendor name
- PO number
- Quantity in package
2. Print on the packing slip:
- Your name
- Your contact information
- Any discrepancies between the package and the packing slip
3. Sign the packing slip.
4. Send the packing slip immediately to the Receiving Department.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Stacey Giblin, Coordinator, Distribution Services, PHC at 604-806-8293, SGiblin@providencehealth.bc.ca.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Lights, camera, celebrate! PHC Long Service Recognition events start in April
- Join HIM in celebrating the 29th annual Health Information Professionals Week
- Legacy CDs unique music therapy for palliative care patients
- To snack or not to snack?
- Join the PHC Interprofessional Research Celebration
- Nomination deadline for Professional Practice Awards extended to April 9
- Last chance to recognize a PHC scientist for their outstanding research