Reminder: Join the next meeting of the Knowledge Translation Community of Practice
Submitted by Agnes Black, Director, Health Services & Clinical Research and Knowledge Translation, Professional Practice Office
The next meeting of the PHC Knowledge Translation (KT) Community of Practice takes place March 14, 12-1 p.m. in Conference Room 6 (Lower Level, Conference Centre), St. Paul’s Hospital
Dr. Karen Urbanoski will speak on “Integrated KT: Improving primary care for people who use substances through participatory community research."
Dr. Urbanoski is the Canada Research Chair in Substance Use, Addictions and Health Services; Scientist, Canadian Institute for Substance Use Research; Assistant Professor, School of Public Health & Social Policy, University of Victoria; Collaborator Scientist, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. She will join us by webinar from her office in Victoria.
To join by webinar: (webinar space opens at 11:45 a.m.) This meeting will be held via Cisco WebEx (webconferencing). To fully participate, you will need a computer (preferred) or smart phone or tablet AND an internet connection. Failing that, you can still participate via teleconference using the numbers below. A few minutes before the meeting start time:
- Click the meeting link.
- Once connected to WebEx online, you need to connect to the audio side.
- Click the Connect to Audio button. If you have a microphone and speakers or a webcam with a microphone, select Call using Computer (preferred).
- Otherwise, select I Will Call In, pick up your telephone handset, and enter these three things: phone number: 1-855-244-8680; access code: 800 097 388; your attendee number, as displayed in WebEx once you're connected.
- If needed, the meeting password is Network10 (case sensitive).
IMPORTANT - WebEx webinar will run on the following operating systems and internet browsers: Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 7 and newer, Mac OS X 10.7 and newer; Internet Explorer 7 and newer, Firefox (latest), Safari 5 and newer; Google Chrome (latest) **recommended for health authority computers**
For more details and instructions on joining by webinar, please email Aggie: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact: Aggie Black, Director, Health Services & Clinical Research and KT, or Jiak Chin Koh, Resource Dietitian for Clinical Nutrition & Clinical Instructor UBC: email@example.com).
This session is held in partnership with the BC SUPPORT Unit.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- New therapy programs support caregivers of people with dementia
- 9 truths about eating disorders
- Library Services now available to PHC staff and clinicians
- Meet the Patient and Family Partners helping PHC provide even better care
- Dear EFAP: I leave things to the last minute and it drives my girlfriend nuts
- St. Vincent's Langara residents say a big 'thank you' for their gifts
- Reminder: TB screening & testing clinics for PHC staff are coming up
- SN Transport moves medically stable patients throughout the Lower Mainland
- Experts in antimicrobial resistance come together to discuss this worldwide crisis
- Spread some love! And while you're at it, enter to win a free gift card!