Kidney Krew thanks nurses
Submitted by Christina Schellenberg, renal social worker, St. Paul's Hospital
The Kidney Krew is a group of hemodialysis patients who work to bring fun and positive change to the unit as well as build a sense of community between patients and staff. In celebration of Nursing Week the Kidney Krew came together to show their appreciation for their hard working and dedicated renal nurses.
Throughout the week fellow patients and staff were invited to post notes of appreciation to their nurses creating a colorful collage of encouragement. Phrases like “You went above and beyond” and “You put your heart and soul into everything you do” are just two examples of some of the kind words that were posted.
Jana, a Kidney Krew member says “We did this because our nurses don’t get enough credit for everything they do.”
Thanks to all our incredible hemodialysis nurses!
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- PHC Gears Up for Accreditation 2017
- Participate in City of Vancouver + new St. Paul's planning process online now
- Automated Shift Callout – What’s next?
- Megamorphosis Pre-Work Preambles at Brock Fahrni
- It’s all about the socks!
- Nominate People and Projects That Made Health Care Better!
- Physio Month Profile: Shauna Gould
- Mother’s Day Miracle: Multiple St. Paul’s medical teams save life of pregnant BC mom and her baby
- New Hospital Shuttle Service Alert - Check Before You Go
- Brilliant fundraiser moving to Spring 2018
- Donate to support youth and your gift will be doubled!
- Get a coffee mate. Chat. Repeat
- Rapid Access Addiction Clinic at St. Paul’s redefining treatment for problematic substance use
- Nurse’s long-lost keepsake at centre of mother-son story that spans six decades
- Aboriginal Awareness Week: May 23 - 27
- A screening success
- How well do you know Occupational Health & Safety?
- 2-in-1 Handbags Back by Popular Demand!