Last call for nomination to the Mission Awards & Keeping the Promise Award
Submitted by Jody Sydor Jones, Corporate Director, Mission Services, Reconciliation & Indigenous Wellness, Providence Health Care
Don't forget to nominate your colleagues for the annual PHC Mission and Keeping the Promise Awards!
It’s time once again to nominate your colleagues for the annual PHC Mission Awards and/or the Keeping the Promise Award. Can you think of someone – a PHC staff member, physician, researcher, volunteer or team – who lives the mission, vision and values of Providence Health Care? Someone who inspires you and those around them with their compassion, advocacy for social justice, innovation or exceptional care for those we serve and/or work with?
Each year, PHC’s Mission Services team, along with the generous support of the St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation, recognizes individuals and teams for their daily efforts which inspire those of us around them. Why? Because great work deserves to be recognized, and it gives us the chance to highlight leading practices and innovation. At Providence, we believe recognition allows us to show gratitude for those who go above and beyond the call of duty and really step in to living the mission. It gives us a way to shout out our appreciation for those who place patients, residents and families at the centre of our work, and similarly care for those they work with.
This year, the Mission Awards will be presented to one individual and one team whose work best illustrates the call to action of PHC’s mission, vision and values. The Keeping the Promise Award will be presented to one individual who lives the mission of the founding Sisters and contributes to the promotion of social justice within and outside of Providence Health Care.
Please consider nominating someone you have been inspired by, for any of these three awards, and help everyone hear how the power of PHC’s mission, vision and values shapes the lives of so many people.
Nomination deadline: Friday, March 15, 2019
This year’s winners will be announced at the PHC Long Service + Mission Awards on Friday, May 24, 2019.
Learn more and nominate a colleague by filling out the form below:
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- You're invited - Come learn about what CST means for you!
- Researchers hopeful after second person seemingly free of HIV following bone-marrow transplant
- BC Centre on Substance Use at St. Paul’s welcomes drug implant as new therapy for opioid dependence
- Don't forget to Spring Forward on March 10!
- You're invited to a free screening of the Academy Award-nominated film End Game
- Luke Perry's death shows stroke can hit at any age
- 5 Minute Rounds at PHC
- New research could revolutionize how we treat chronic lung disease
- Last call to nominate a PHC scientist for the Research & Mission Award
- Nutrition Month is coming to St. Paul's this March!
- Exploring the link between teamwork and patient safety
- Catch the Early Bird Registration for the Geriatric Services Conference and be Entered to Win a Tablet!