Lights, camera, celebrate! PHC Long Service Awards starring our 2017 recipients
Submitted by Meaghen Ng , communications coordinator, on behalf of Rick Moyneur, director, Human Resources
Culture vultures everywhere know it’s awards season! It’s that time of year when entertainment’s elite gathers to reward outstanding achievements in film, television and music. At PHC, a big part of our culture is based around recognition, gratitude and teamwork, so we’re thrilled to kick off our own awards season as we gear up to celebrate Long Service Recognition across PHC. Preparations are currently underway for springtime celebrations and we can’t wait to shine the spotlight on all our dedicated staff, medical staff and volunteers celebrating long service with us!
Get ready to celebrate!
With milestones ranging from five to 45 years, our Long Service Recognition Awards are an opportunity for us to say ‘thank you’ to our staff for their deep commitment to providing the people we serve with the highest level of quality, safety, respect and dignity. “The strength of our organization is our unique culture born from the spirit of our founding sisters and rooted in more than a century of helping those most in need,” said Rick Moyneur, director, Human Resources, “but it’s the everyday contributions of our staff who sustain this culture and live out our Mission, Vision and Values.”
And the award goes to …
Who will take home a long service award this year? If you reached a service milestone in 2017, you will receive a Long Service Recognition letter next month with additional information as well as the full schedule of recognition events that will be held in April and May across our sites. All are welcome to attend the site recognition events to share in the celebration! Staff will not be required to RSVP to the site events this year, but please speak with your supervisor, leader or manager if you will be attending while on shift.
Those celebrating 25+ year milestones will receive an invitation to our annual gala dinner on June 1. The invitation will provide additional information as well as instructions on how to RSVP.
To learn more about Long Service Recognition at Providence see the Q&A attached below and find more information on the Long Service Recognition at PHC intranet page.
Congratulations to everyone celebrating long service with Providence. Now, let’s all celebrate!
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- 'The love of my life was sacrificing a piece of himself to help me get better'
- 'The staff continue to exceed expectations,' says son, of mother’s care at Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
- St. Paul's Gift Shop takes steps to curb rampant shoplifting
- 6 tips to create a safe workplace and reduce theft
- Online paycheques coming soon for PHC staff
- Dr. Krahn and team receive $772,650 CIHR project grant
- The Doctors Are In podcast: Getting ready for go-live
- On January 31, let's talk about mental health
- Physiotherapy 101: Top tips to stay healthy on the slopes this winter
- Buy your tickets for Scotiabank Feast of Fortune!
- Take part in PEDAW 2018!
- Time to test your brain - Ethics Case of the Month is here!
- Dear EFAP: My new man needs a makeover!
- New standards outline payment amounts to use when engaging people with substance use experience
- Data Privacy Day 2018: Are you using your mobile devices safely?
- Catch of the month!
- Psychology month public lectures announced
- Writing winning (hopefully!) award applications
- Register now for the Geriatric Services Conference and be entered to win a tablet
- St. Paul's Hospital needs magazine donations
- SPH February vendors announced
- Have a Buddha-full weekend!