March 14 is Dietitians Day!
Submitted by Jaki Thornhill, Clinical Coordinator, Clinical Nutrition
March 14, 2018 marks the ninth anniversary of Dietitians Day! Once a year, this special day highlights the profession and reminds us that dietitians are the smart choice for advice on proper eating, good nutrition and healthy living.
Did you know?
- There are more than 10,000 dietitians in Canada and all share a deep appreciation of food, a curiosity to understand the science behind it and the tools to unlock its potential.
- Like all regulated health professionals, dietitians undergo comprehensive training, both on the job and in universities.
- Dietitians are committed to collaborating with patients, clients and communities to achieve their shared goals of better eating and improved health.
- Dietitians are everywhere! While you might think of them most often collaborating with other healthcare professionals or working with patients and clients, they are also involved in scientific research, driving innovation in the food industry and informing public policy.
Say Happy Dietitians Day to the dietitian on your team!
Check out the Clinical Nutrition intranet site for recipes, nutrition information and contact information for the dietitian in your area.
For more information on Dietitians Day, click here.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Why do women donate more kidneys than men?
- HUB ED – a commemorative day
- Q&A with Dr. Gil Kimel, head of palliative care, Providence Health Care
- DYK the benefits of eating together?
- Hear Dr. Sarah Munro speak about birth after caesarean section
- Reminder: Join the next meeting of the Knowledge Translation Community of Practice
- Overdose crisis: Pharmacists’ role in combating opioid addiction
- Last chance to recognize a PHC scientist for their outstanding research