New Chair Appointed to PHC Board of Directors
Submitted by Communications & Public Affairs
Providence Health Care’s Board of Directors is pleased to announce that Geoff Plant has re-joined the Board, and has been appointed its new Chair, effective December 7, 2015.
Geoff’s history with Providence is well known, having been a champion and tireless advocate for optimizing our contribution to BC’s health care sector and delivering patient-centred care through redeveloping St. Paul’s Hospital.
He was a PHC Board member from 2009 to 2015 – including as Chair since 2010 – leaving PHC in June 2015 to continue his legal career and to lead additional volunteer board opportunities, including most recently as Chancellor at Emily Carr University of Art and Design.
Geoff has graciously come back to fill the Chair role and provide governance leadership to PHC at an important and exciting time for the organization.
We welcome his presence and look forward to his contribution.
Geoff Plant Bio
Geoff Plant is a partner in the Vancouver law firm Gall Legge Grant & Munroe LLP, where he provides legal and public policy advice and representation to public and private sector clients, and works as a mediator and arbitrator. He was elected to the BC Legislature in 1996 and from 2001 to 2005 served as Attorney General of BC and Minister responsible for Treaty Negotiations. He was the Minister responsible for the Citizens Assembly on Electoral Reform and the New Relationship, the first-ever political accord between the BC government and the Province's three Aboriginal political organizations.
Geoff has undertaken a number of projects since leaving politics, including producing the report known as Access and Excellence: the Campus 2020 Plan for BC's Post-Secondary Education. He has taught public law at the UBC and University of Victoria law faculties. Geoff obtained his undergraduate degree from Harvard University and has law degrees from Southampton, Dalhousie and Cambridge Universities. Geoff is also Board Chair of Providence Health Care, the BC Land Title & Survey Authority, the Canada West Foundation and the Dalai Lama Center for Peace and Education. In 2012, he was named one of the "Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers in Canada" in the "Changemaker" category by Canadian Lawyer Magazine.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Providence Angels at Every Site
- Season's greetings from Minister Terry Lake
- PHC News off for the holidays
- Caroling Christmas Staff on 6D
- How one couple rallied to raise $50,000 for Pulmonary Fibrosis research
- Hot off the press Highlights: Residential highlights
- Mount Saint Joseph Residence Highlights for 2015
- 12 Days till Christmas Sale at St. Paul’s Hospital Gift Shop!
- 2015 Long Service Recognition celebrations happening spring 2016!
- Diwali celebrated at Brock Fahrni
- A Day In The Life of a CSICU nurse now available to view on Storify
- Wanna try a Random Coffee?
- Celebrity Mental Health: Brooke Shields
- Chocolate Angels - the perfect stocking stuffer
- Sukie's Shoe Drive
- Register for Heart + Lung Health FEST Scientific Symposium!
- Indulge In….Healthy Living This Holiday Season. Part 3 Tips for Holiday Peace of Mind
- Pop-up winter Beef and Barley soup taste test for Kidney Care Clinic patients
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- 5th Annual e-Mental Health Conference
- Be SEEN this winter - really, be VISIBLE!