Nominate an individual or team for a 2018 Mission Award
Submitted by Lucy Luongo, Coordinator, Mission Services
The 2018 Mission Award nominations for individuals and teams are now open. We want to hear the stories of individuals (staff, medical staff, researchers and volunteers) and teams who demonstrate the mission, vision, and values of Providence Health Care and the abiding spirit of the Founding Congregations of Sisters. This is a great opportunity to share stories about those amazing individuals and teams.
There will be a total of three Mission Awards:
- One individual for acute
- One individual for residential care
- One team award
Why should you nominate an individual or team for a 2018 Mission Award?
- Great work deserves to be recognized.
- Show gratitude for those who go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Highlight innovation and leading practices.
- Share stories of patient- and family-centred care in action.
- To inspire others.
Please take some time to nominate an individual and/or team that best illustrates how the power of PHC’s mission, vision and values shape our lives and workplace. You can work on the nomination as an individual or group.
Upon selection by the committee, the successful nominees will receive:
- Award recipients receive an engraved plaque and acknowledgement by a documentary video that will be presented at the Providence Health Care Annual General meeting in June.
- A cheque for $1,000.
- Nominees not selected to receive the Mission Award will receive a letter and certificate acknowledging their contribution to Providence Health Care and the community.
Need help with writing a nomination form? Please contact Lucy Luongo at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 604-321-2661 ext. 22363.
View the videos for the 2017 Mission Award recipients below.
Completed nomination forms must be submitted to the office of Mission, Ethics & Spirituality by Friday, March 30, 2018 by email: email@example.com or fax: 604-806-9458 or internal mail: 11th floor, Hornby Site.
Please find the nomination form below.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Keeping the Promise Award honours commitment to social justice
- 11th Annual Scotiabank Feast of Fortune Gala raises $900,115 for Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
- "Do you know their life story?" Patient- and family-centred care for those with mental-health issues
- Have you ever wondered what a stress test actually looks like?
- Reducing the long wait for GI care
- Pink Shirt Day is on its way!
- Dear EFAP: Rain, rain, go away!
- Depression in heart patients linked to higher chances of mortality
- All we need is…chocolate: A PHC dietitian’s guide to balancing the good stuff
- This year's Geriatrics Services Conference will Inspire Connections
- Conference designed to assist clinicians in managing chronic pain
- Got 15,000 eggs on hand?
- Spoil your Valentine with a sweet treat from the SPH Gift Shop