Nominate People and Projects That Made Health Care Better!
Submitted by PHC's Health Care Awards Committee
Did your project improve how health care is delivered? Do you know somebody whose contributions to quality of care deserve recognition?
Nominations are now being accepted for the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council’s 2018 Quality Awards.
Categories celebrate projects within the four areas of care, as well as four inspiring people.
The deadline to submit nominations is June 30, 2017. Judging criteria and nomination forms are available at www.bcpsqc.ca/quality-awards.
- Staying Healthy – A project that better prevented injury, illness or disability.
- Getting Better – A project that improved care for acute illness or injury.
- Living with Illness – A project that improved care and support for chronic illness and/or injury.
- Coping with End of Life – A project that improved planning, care or support for life-limiting illness and bereavement.
- Leadership in Quality – An individual who demonstrates outstanding leadership in improving the quality of care.
- Everyday Champion Award – Someone who shows a passion and commitment for improving quality of care, even though they may not work in a leadership position or a role that specifies participation in improvement activities. The judging panel will select the candidates who best exemplify the award’s criteria and the winner will be selected through online voting open to everyone in BC.
- Quality Culture Trailblazer – Someone who created an environment where passionate staff are empowered and encouraged to innovate, and where teamwork and open communication are the norm.
- Leadership in Advancing the Patient Voice – A patient, caregiver or family member who made an outstanding contribution to advancing the patient voice in BC’s health care system. The nominee will have assumed a leadership role and will have contributed in any number of meaningful ways, such as inspiring patients and health care organizations to collaborate in pursuit of better health care.
Winners will be awarded a $2,500 sponsorship to support and disseminate learning from their projects or to support ongoing learning and development, and will be recognized at an awards ceremony at Health Talks on February 21, 2018. Winners will also receive complimentary registration for the Quality Forum on February 22 & 23, 2018, and winners of the four project-based awards will be invited to present at the Forum.
You can help celebrate and spread great work that improved our health system – submit your nomination by June 30, 2017 at www.bcpsqc.ca/quality-awards! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.668.8210 with questions.
Need help writing or editing your nomination? The PHC Health Care Awards Committee is here to help! Please be in touch:
604-682-2344, local 66124
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- PHC Gears Up for Accreditation 2017
- Participate in City of Vancouver + new St. Paul's planning process online now
- Automated Shift Callout – What’s next?
- Megamorphosis Pre-Work Preambles at Brock Fahrni
- Kidney Krew thanks nurses
- It’s all about the socks!
- Physio Month Profile: Shauna Gould
- Mother’s Day Miracle: Multiple St. Paul’s medical teams save life of pregnant BC mom and her baby
- New Hospital Shuttle Service Alert - Check Before You Go
- Brilliant fundraiser moving to Spring 2018
- Donate to support youth and your gift will be doubled!
- Get a coffee mate. Chat. Repeat
- Rapid Access Addiction Clinic at St. Paul’s redefining treatment for problematic substance use
- Nurse’s long-lost keepsake at centre of mother-son story that spans six decades
- Aboriginal Awareness Week: May 23 - 27
- A screening success
- How well do you know Occupational Health & Safety?
- 2-in-1 Handbags Back by Popular Demand!