Nutrition Month is coming to St. Paul's this March!
Submitted by Ally Choo, Dietetic Student, Clinical Nutrition
What is Nutrition Month?
Hosted by Registered Dietitians all over the country, Nutrition Month has been the profession’s largest public awareness campaign for over 30 years, reaching millions of Canadians annually. By identifying dietitians as the most credible source for evidence-based food and nutrition information and by highlighting how dietitians can help the public achieve their health goals, the Nutrition Month campaign effectively raises public awareness on the importance of healthy eating. This year’s theme is Unlock the Potential of Food; each day dietitians help individuals unlock the potential of food to improve their quality of life, nourish their minds and bodies, and celebrate choice and variety.
Visit us at a weekly booth from 11am - 1pm, located outside the St. Paul’s cafeteria, 4th floor Providence building for a chance to enter our door prize draw and to score some free samples!
- March 5 - Dive into Canada’s Food Guide: Got questions? Your SPH dietitians have answers
- March 11 - Discover: Learn about new foods and grocery tour opportunities
- March 19 - Food as Fuel: Curious about what your SPH Dietitians eat? Come find out!
- March 27 - Eating Well: What is mindful eating? Why should we eat together? This week is in partnership with Sodexo, your Food Service Provider
Want to learn more and get involved?
Follow us on social:
- Facebook: @NutritionMonthBC @DietitiansCAN @UnlockfoodCA
- Instagram: @nutritionmonthbc @DietitiansCAN @UnlockfoodCA
- Twitter: @nutritionmonth_bc @DietitiansCAN @UnlockfoodCA
And use the hashtags:
You can also learn more about Dietitians of Canada’s 2019 Nutrition Month theme of “Unlock the Potential of Food” at www.nutritionmonth2019.ca.
Written by Ally Choo and Shadi Balanji, dietetic students and Emily Zamora, MScA RD CDE.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- You're invited - Come learn about what CST means for you!
- Researchers hopeful after second person seemingly free of HIV following bone-marrow transplant
- BC Centre on Substance Use at St. Paul’s welcomes drug implant as new therapy for opioid dependence
- Don't forget to Spring Forward on March 10!
- You're invited to a free screening of the Academy Award-nominated film End Game
- Luke Perry's death shows stroke can hit at any age
- 5 Minute Rounds at PHC
- New research could revolutionize how we treat chronic lung disease
- Last call to nominate a PHC scientist for the Research & Mission Award
- Last call for nomination to the Mission Awards & Keeping the Promise Award
- Exploring the link between teamwork and patient safety
- Catch the Early Bird Registration for the Geriatric Services Conference and be Entered to Win a Tablet!