October 14-20 officially declared as Health Care Security and Safety Week!
Submitted by Jen Albert, Administrative Assistant, Integrated Protection Services
During Health Care Security and Safety Week and throughout this year, the International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS) is proud to celebrate the role of health care security and safety professionals in serving health care facilities, staff, patients and visitors.
The week of October 14-20 has officially been declared ‘Healthcare Security and Safety Week’. As such, the IAHSS BC Chapter will be celebrating our health care security staff and all they do to keep us safe.
Below is the IAHSS Code of Ethics demonstrates the core values of our health care security staff.
- As health care security professionals, staff dedicate themselves to providing a safe and secure environment to the people and sites they serve.
- They behave in a positive and constructive manner; and use truth, fairness and integrity to guide all professional decisions and relationships.
- They support patient care and awareness within health care facilities.
- They recognize that their principal responsibilities are the security and/or safety services to the healthcare community they serve.
- They protect life and property and reduce crime through the implementation of recognized crime prevention and investigative techniques.
- They provide a safe environment of care to support the mission of health care facilities.
- They respect the moral and constitutional rights of all persons while performing their duties without prejudice.
- They ensure that confidential and privileged information is protected at all times.
- They maintain open communication with other professionals with whom they conduct business.
- They strive to further their education and certifications, both academically and technically, while encouraging professional development and/or advancement of other security/safety personnel.
- And lastly, they promote and exemplify the highest standards of integrity to those whom they serve while dedicating themselves to their chosen profession.
Do you work with a great health care security officer?
If so, reach out and thank them for the work they do to keep you, your colleagues and patients safe.
Click here to visit the IAHSS BC Chapter web page for more security tips!
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Get ready to drop, cover and hold on!
- Flu clinics start next week!
- Our pursuit of world class
- Five in five: What you need to know about CST this week
- Your stories. Now available on The Daily Scan
- Support Patients' and Residents' Hand Hygiene Today!
- Celebrating Mental Health & Wellness at Providence
- How Foundry is transforming health care for young people
- Diversity in Spiritual Care
- How Crosstown Clinic helped a Vancouver city council candidate get his life back
- New research and education partnership to foster innovation in Cascadia
- Interested in Knowledge Translation? Announcing the PHC/VCH KT Challenge!
- No Borders
- October's Ethics Case of the Month is here!
- 19 days remaining in the “Change One Thing" challenge
- Sharing passwords is NOT okay