Our Nursing Voice
Submitted by Candy Garossino & Aggie Black, Director, Professional Practice & Nursing, PHC
Hello fellow nurses,
Have you renewed your nursing license yet?
This year you’ll be asked whether you’d like to join NNPBC (Nurses and Nurse Practitioners of BC).
We encourage you to say YES!
Because being a nurse is more than our daily practice, it’s advocating for patients and the health care system.
The diagram shows the three pillars representing nursing -- all three are necessary for a strong profession.
For more info on how NNPBC is working for all nurses, visit the website: https://www.nnpbc.com/index.php
As your professional voice, NNPBC has taken a leading role to:
• advocate for healthy public policy, including responses to the overdose crisis
• promote excellence in nursing practice, including support for new grads
• increase nurses’ contribution to shaping the health system, by working closely with the Ministry of Health to influence decisions that affect nurses and the public we serve
• represent all BC nurses (RNs, LPNs, NPs and RPNs) in one strong, collaborative association
• provide a link to the Canadian Nurses Association and the International Council of Nursing, giving us a powerful voice across the globe
In this Year of the Nurse and Midwife 2020, don’t lose your professional voice!
If you’ve already renewed your license, and hadn’t made up your mind about NNPBC, it’s not too late. You can add NNPBC membership any time! https://www.nnpbc.com/membership/index.php
Contact either of us if you have any questions about NNPBC!
Aggie and Candy
Director, Professional Practice and Nursing
Providence Health Care
Agnes T Black, RN MPH
Director, Health Services & Clinical Research and Knowledge Translation
Professional Practice Office
Adjunct Professor, School of Nursing
University of British Columbia
Research Associate, Centre for Health Evaluation & Outcome Sciences (CHEOS)
Providence Health Care
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Reminder: Call for Mission & Keeping the Promise Award nominations are now open
- Last call: Nominate a scientist for the 2020 Research & Mission Award
- After breast cancer. After mastectomy. There is hope.
- The Time is Now: MSJ Future Planning
- Last chance to complete the CST Post-Go-Live Survey !
- Women are dying unnecessarily. It's time to “see red”
- Suffix it to say…[PH] labels coming back to Outlook
- From The Daily Scan: Eating disorders & the power of self-compassion
- From The Daily Scan: Eggs do not give you a heart disease
- Don't forget to celebrate Pink Shirt Day on February 26
- Learn about the Psychosocial Factors – Psychological Protection
- Attend a CHÉOS Work in Progress Seminar: Engaging Young People in Research, Clinical Care & Policy
- Attend a CGSHE speaker series event on Thursday, February 20!
- 5 Minute Rounds at PHC