Parking update for staff
Submitted by Communications & Public Affairs, Providence Health Care
This is an update on parking at our sites (as of June 25, 2020).
Staff are reminded that the City of Vancouver’s parking exemptions to Health Care Workers is coming to an end on end-of-day June 30, 2020.
On-site parking at hospitals and public health care facilities remains free. Staff who have parking expenses, PHC will continue to reimburse those until the provincial government’s on-site free parking mandate ends. Please see below for more information on how to apply for reimbursements.
Until June 30, the City of Vancouver will continue with their PaybyPhone Exemption System. Please review the following documents for information regarding how to use the new PaybyPhone system and the area code:
- Approved Exemption Zone for St. Paul’s Hospital
- Approved Exemption Zone for Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
- Approved Exemption Zone for VGH
- Approved Exemption Zone for Honoria Conway-Heather/Youville
Additionally, please follow the How To Access Temporary Health Care Parking Exemptions During COVID-19 document.
To park in Approved Exemption Areas, staff must display a sheet with PHC’s Dash Identifier HEALTH002.
Email PHC_CVD_TEMPSTAFFACCOMS@providencehealth.bc.ca for temporary parking passes and claims for City issued tickets.
Paid Parking in local lots near SPH
Paid Parking is available in the area neighboring SPH and can be found here.
Note revisions to the Wall Centre parking: $10 daily rate for self-parking and a maximum of 14 hours per day use. Same day in and outs are not permitted.
- To enjoy discounted parking, you must obtain a Parking Discount Card from WestPark by calling 604-669-7275 or emailing email@example.com. The program, which automatically charges a credit card of your choice, allows you to use the discount card to swiftly enter and exit the parking garage without having to perform any other transaction. These cards are unique to the user and cannot be shared. It will take 7-10 days to receive a card after an application is completed. When calling to obtain your parking discount card, a valid work ID will be required.
- Use the discount card for gate entry and exit. Please wait for parking gates to fully open and close behind you before proceeding into the parking lot. Please use only the North Tower exits and elevators to access the parkade as the South Tower is closed. The parking lot is accessible 24 hours a day.
- Please note that new members of this program will only be able to participate until Dec 31st, 2020. On that date, the Wall Centre will reassess usage.
We will continue to look for additional parking options – for all Providence sites – as needs and opportunities come forward.
Monthly Parking Reimbursement
For staff that paid for monthly parking in April and/or May at non-hospital (private) sites, you may claim your expense using the attached Mileage & Parking Claim Form. You will need proof of payment and approval from your supervisor/manager to qualify. Please note this is only for those who are on monthly plans at non-hospital (private) sites. Staff who are on payroll deduction at hospital sites were not charged for the month of April and continue to be exempt, until further notice.
Due to current circumstances surrounding COVID-19, PHSA Payroll will accept a scanned copy of your proof of payment and completed Mileage & Parking Claim Form submitted via email.
- Once your supervisor/manager approves your claim, they will send your submission to payroll via email to ‘Payroll Assistant’ at PayrollAssistant@hssbc.ca;
- Your supervisor/manager must sign and print their name on the mileage claim form or indicate clearly in the email body sent to payroll that they have reviewed and approved your claim. Please note that Payroll department will not process any claims without your supervisor/manager’s approval;
- Please keep your original proof of payment for audit purposes.
Hornby Staff Parking
Providence staff who have parking spots at our Hornby office parkade and are currently working from home are asked to offer their parking spot to other PHC staff. To offer your stall, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Paul’s Hospital parking for patients
Parking in St. Paul’s Hospital is continuing to be monitored and assessed daily to enable patients parking and optimize the space available for staff. Staff should follow the direction of the parking Ambassadors, who will direct you to the staff parking spaces.
Please continue to respect Ambassadors and the areas that are reserved each day for patients.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Holy Family COVID-19 Outbreak Update
- Today's Updates: June 25, 2020
- Updated Hours for COVID-19 Assessment Site on West 33rd
- From The Daily Scan: How to wear your mask properly during COVID-19
- From The Daily Scan: St. Paul’s Hospital researcher receives $3.5 million for COVID-19 drug trial
- From The Daily Scan: Indigenous Canadians help change kidney care for their communities
- PHC Relax Rooms at The Burrard Hotel available until June 30
- Supporting staff through COVID-19
- Summer staycation ideas
- Introducing the Indigenous Wellness & Reconciliation (IWR) Working Group
- Presenting the 2020 PHC Professional Practice Recognition Awards
- Did you see the latest simulated phishing exercise -- Healthy Technologies Manufacturing - Invoice & Contract Proposal?
- Providence in the news