PICNet Educational Conference: Registration discount extended to January 26
Submitted by Dr. Elizabeth Bryce, Regional Medical Director, Infection Control/Medical Microbiology, Vancouver Coastal Health; Co-Medical Lead, PICNet
Interested in learning about infection prevention and control? The Provincial Infection Control Network of BC (PICNet)’s educational conference provides an opportunity for health care professionals to learn about the latest issues and developments in Infection Prevention & Control, and to network with others working in this field. The conference takes place March 8-9, 2018 at the Sheraton Airport Hotel in Richmond.
A registration discount is available until January 26; after that, all registrations are full price. You can find more information at www.picnet.ca/conference.
The conference presentation topics include:
- The leadership power of small acts.
- How ICPs can get involved in research.
- Ethical decision making.
- Vaccinations: What’s new and/or improved?
- Use of whole-genome sequencing data to investigate an outbreak.
- It’s all in your hands: Preventing hand dermatitis.
- The disinfectant duke-out.
- Waste woes.
- Critical device failure: Now what?
- The art of execution: Examining the noose of implementation science.
- Short 'n' Snappy presentations from Community of Practice members.
You don’t have to have a background in infection control to attend the PICNet conference; everyone is welcome! In past years, PICNet has been pleased to have delegates and speakers from the areas of:
- Infection Control
- Patient Safety & Quality
- Residential (long-term) care
- Allied Health Services
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Public Health
- Environmental Health
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Join the 2018 PHC Practice-Based Research Challenge!
- The role of humour, music and human touch in residential care
- New website aims to improve mental health and wellness for young people in B.C.
- 'I don’t call it elder care, I call it living'
- Final call for BC Health Care Award nominations
- The Doctors Are In podcast: They’re back
- Facing Horizons Together: Heart and Lung Health FEST 2018
- You can do it! Here are 5 quit smoking tips that worked for me
- Dear EFAP: I'm too tired to talk to my partner at night
- 10 things you get for free: Part 2
- Used book sale! $1 each
- Resolve to connect with someone new
- The Care Connection newsletter for January is now online
- Life runs in cycles... Joy will come!