Pink Shirt Day - Next Week!
Submitted by Divina Minhas, Coordinator, Occupational Health & Safety
Members of our Cardiology Team on Pink Shirt Day 2017!
With Pink Shirt Day just around the corner, we want to remind all staff to show their support by wearing something pink next Wednesday, February 28, 2018. Show your support in the form of a t-shirt, glasses, shoes, whatever pink you have! Pink Shirt Day creates a perfect opportunity for us to shine a light on our respect actions and our desire to foster environments where our people thrive.
And there is still time to nominate a co-worker for our annual PHC Pink Shirt Day Contest. The contest is a great way to share the respectful behaviours you see happening all around you, all year round.
All you need to do is email email@example.com or fill out a paper form* with the following information by February 28th:
- Your first and last name;
- Your phone number;
- Your co-worker’s name;
- A brief description on how your co-worker models respectful behaviour at work.
*Paper nomination forms will be available for staff at our Residential sites.
You and your colleague will be entered in a draw and you could both win some amazing prizes, courtesy of Shoppers Drug Mart Kingsgate Mall and Shoppers Drug Mart Davie Street.
The winners of the Pink Shirt Day contest will be contacted on March 2nd.
We all have the capacity to spread kindness and that is the underlying philosophy behind our anti-bullying movement: a movement we hope lives year round beyond Pink Shirt Day. After all, kindness never goes out of style.
Get to know Respect Ambassador Melissa Ficke!
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Congratulations to the winners of the 2018 Unsung Hero Awards!
- After heart surgery, Rick Moyneur is enjoying life one day at a time
- Holy Family Hospital Residence rings in the Lunar New Year with luck, laughs and dumplings
- Are you looking to make a lasting positive change in your work environment? Join the QI Challenge!
- Toddlers should tune out
- Don't be stressed about your stress test!
- People Helping People
- Dear EFAP: My old college flame recently moved to town
- Your Health on the Go: Think Digital
- Last chance to recognize a PHC scientist for their outstanding research
- Nomination deadline for Professional Practice Awards extended to April 9
- Nominate early for chance to win two tickets and one night at the Fairmont Waterfront!
- Writing winning (hopefully!) award applications
- Just how bad is all that sugar for your heart?
- Gender-based violence – A free, online course for health sector workers
- Templeton Stroke Recovery Branch helps outpatients in the community
- March vendor tables announced
- Last chance to "spread some love" for a chance to win a $25 gift card!