Providence Health Care selected as one of BC’s Top Employers for 2020
Submitted by Meaghen Ng,, Communications Specialist, Human Resources, PHC
Providence Health Care is recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers. Selected by the editors at Canada’s Top 100 Employers using the same criteria as the national competition, this award is a special designation bestowed on British Columbia employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work.
“It is a great honour for Providence to be recognized for the seventh time as one of BC’s Top Employers. We know that providing the best care to the people we serve depends on our own health and wellness. The better we feel at work, the better we can care for others. This is why our People-Forward strategic direction is all about creating work places where we can all grow, thrive and flourish. I want to thank our dedicated caregivers – our staff, physicians, researchers, volunteers and partners – for their contribution to making Providence an exceptional place to work and for providing compassionate and innovative care to patients and residents,” says President and CEO Fiona Dalton.
This is especially significant for Providence to be recognized as a leading health employer in BC, Canada’s most competitive labour market, as being an employer of choice, attracting, developing, engaging and retaining our people is a goal we have set in our Mission Forward.
In its evaluation, PHC was compared to other organizations in health care to determine the top employers with the most progressive and forward-thinking programs. Together with our partners in BC health care, Fraser Health, Interior Health and Northern Health, Providence was selected as the only Metro Vancouver-based health organization for BC’s Top Employers this year.
Help share the news on social media!
Follow us and share this news for Providence Health Care on social media – feel free to use the sample posts below or create your own!
Follow Providence Health Care Careers at:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/phccareers/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PHCJobs
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/providence-health-care
Help spread the word! Feel free to copy and paste this content with your social networks and be sure to tag us in your posts.
- Providence Health Care is honoured to once again be one of BC’s Top Employers for 2020! @top_employers @VancouverSun https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-providence-health #ChoosePHC #TopEmployers2020 #BCTopEmployers #MyTopEmployers
- For the 7th year, PHC has been named 1 of BC’s Top Employers! See why PHC was selected here: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-providence-health #ChoosePHC #TopEmployers2020 #BCTopEmployers #MyTopEmployers #BCTopEmployers
- So proud to be recognized for the seventh year as one of BC’s Top Employers! https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-providence-health #ChoosePHC #TopEmployers2020 #BCTopEmployers #MyTopEmployers #BCTopEmployers @top_employers
- PHC is recognized for the seventh time as an exceptional place to work in BC! Congratulations to all BC Top Employers. We’re in great company! https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-providence-health #ChoosePHC #TopEmployers2020 #BCTopEmployers #MyTopEmployers #BCTopEmployers
About the Competition:
This year marks the 15th anniversary of the BC’s Top Employers competition, a special designation that recognizes employers in the province that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work. Employers were evaluated by the editors at Canada’s Top 100 Employers using the same criteria as the national competition: (1) Physical Workplace; (2) Work Atmosphere & Social; (3) Health, Financial & Family Benefits; (4) Vacation & Time Off; (5) Employee Communications; (6) Performance Management; (7) Training & Skills Development; and (8) Community Involvement. Employers are compared to other organizations in their field to determine which offer the most progressive and forward-thinking programs. The annual competition is open to any employer with its head office in British Columbia; employers of any size may apply, whether private- or public-sector
From left: Christopher De Bono, Vice President, Mission, People and Ethics, Rubina Mahal, Manager, Talent Recruitment People Support Services, Meaghen Ng, Communications Specialist, Mission, People & Ethics and Tammy Young, Executive Director, People, accept the award on behalf of Providence Health Care at a special awards luncheon on Wednesday, February 19, 2020 in Vancouver.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Celebrating the Past Year, Taking on the Next
- Celebrating Providence people with the 2020 Unsung Hero Awards!
- Attend a CHÉOS Work in Progress Seminar on out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Attend the annual Geriatric Services Conference with an extended early bird rate and enter for a chance to win an iPad Mini!