Quality Forum 2018: Registration is open!
Submitted by BC Patient Safety & Quality Council
BC Patient Safety & Quality Council's Quality Forum is back for another year of inspired talks, compelling ideas and a variety of sessions, speakers and experts (including a bevy of PHC staff who will be there presenting storyboards and accepting awards)!
Taking place in Vancouver from February 21 to 23, the Forum’s main programming on February 22 and 23 features 200+ speakers, 100+ storyboards and 80+ sessions that span a wide range of topics and audiences. Hear more about the Forum from past recipients.
Registration is $325 and spots are going fast – the Forum is already more than 85% full.
What's in store
The main two days of the Forum are jam-packed; get all of the details here: https://qualityforum.ca/main-two-days/
The conference also features three warm-up events on February 21, which include the following full-day pre-Forum sessions:
Designing & Delivering Sustainable Improvement
How many times have we made improvements, only to have things drift back to the way they were before? Creating sustainable change is one of the biggest challenges for improvers, and changes that don’t stick can actually do more harm than good. This hands-on workshop will explore the key drivers of sustainability and introduce some tools to plan for the sustainability of your next project. Learn more.
Champions of Change
Hosted in partnership with the Joint Collaborative Committees (JCCs), this day will focus on the impact of enthusiastic leadership and innovative solutions to health care improvements. Through a series of presentations, posters, and inspiring speakers, physicians and other health care providers will have the opportunity to engage in lively dialogue around successful and emerging initiatives for patient care and collaborative approaches. Learn more.
Whether you attend a pre-Forum session or need an inspirational end to your work day, Health Talks is a perfect Wednesday evening activity. We begin the night with a ceremony to recognize the winners of the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council’s annual Quality Awards (of which we have one winner and two runner-ups!). Then, eight speakers will answer our question, “What are your hopes for health care?” using the PechaKucha 20×20 presentation format, where each presentation contains 20 photos and each photo is displayed for exactly 20 seconds. Learn more.
To register: https://qualityforum.ca/registration/
Ask a question: firstname.lastname@example.org // 604-668-8224
See you there!
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- To give back to MSJ, Hong Kong singer to perform at Scotiabank Feast of Fortune gala
- Got the January blues? You're not alone and there are ways to relieve them
- 3 PHC tips and resources to take control of your mental health and mental wellness
- Announcing the PHC Practice-Based Research Challenge!
- CST podcast: Make a listening appointment, The Doctors Are In
- Dear EFAP: The husband of an acquaintance likes me as more than just a friend
- 10 things you get for free: Part 1
- PHC participates in Canada's Digital Technology Supercluster initiative
- Burnout in ICU professionals has moral distress factor
- Foundry receives $7,500 donation from real estate firm Avison Young
- Short notice cancellation reminder for requesting interpreters
- A Green New Year? New training helps you activate your eco-resolutions
- Did you forget your network password over the holidays?
- It's shawl season on Instagram!