Register for Heart + Lung Health FEST Scientific Symposium!
Submitted by Leah Lockhart, Leader, Strategic Research Initiatives & Partner Engagement Institute for Heart + Lung Health
Registration is now open for the 6th Annual Heart + Lung Health FEST Scientific Symposium, February 11-12, 2016!
Register before January 15 to take advantage of new early bird rates!
Featuring two intellectually-jammed days of the latest and hottest topics in heart and lung research, the symposium recognizes local talent and continues to attract internationally recognized experts for our distinguished lectureships.
The program is made to be as accessible as possible to the broadest range of scientists, clinicians and partners.
This year's Distinguished Lecture Series includes:
The revolution of genomic technologies and what it means for heart and lung researchers and the population at large.
Dr. John Quackenbush, Professor of Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health; Director, Center for Cancer Computational Biology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Interstitial Lung Diseases
Dr. Ganesh Raghu, Adjunct Professor, Laboratory Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine; Director, Interstitial Lung Disease/Sarcoid/Pulmonary Fibrosis Program, University of Washington
Multiple Benefits to Children’s Health of Reducing Dependence on Fossil Fuels
Dr. Frederica Perera, Professor, Environmental Health Sciences; Director, Columbia Center for Children’s Environmental Health Columbia University
An Integrated Approach To Early Detection of Lung Cancer
Dr. Stephen Lam, Professor of Medicine. University of British Columbia Chair, Provincial Lung Tumor Group, British Columbia Cancer Agency
Molecular Function and Imaging: The importance in translational heart research
Dr. Rob Beanlands, Chief of Cardiology; Director, National Cardiac PET Centre; Director, Molecular Function and Imaging Program; University of Ottawa Heart Institute
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Providence Angels at Every Site
- Season's greetings from Minister Terry Lake
- New Chair Appointed to PHC Board of Directors
- PHC News off for the holidays
- Caroling Christmas Staff on 6D
- How one couple rallied to raise $50,000 for Pulmonary Fibrosis research
- Hot off the press Highlights: Residential highlights
- Mount Saint Joseph Residence Highlights for 2015
- 12 Days till Christmas Sale at St. Paul’s Hospital Gift Shop!
- 2015 Long Service Recognition celebrations happening spring 2016!
- Diwali celebrated at Brock Fahrni
- A Day In The Life of a CSICU nurse now available to view on Storify
- Wanna try a Random Coffee?
- Celebrity Mental Health: Brooke Shields
- Chocolate Angels - the perfect stocking stuffer
- Sukie's Shoe Drive
- Indulge In….Healthy Living This Holiday Season. Part 3 Tips for Holiday Peace of Mind
- Pop-up winter Beef and Barley soup taste test for Kidney Care Clinic patients
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- 5th Annual e-Mental Health Conference
- Be SEEN this winter - really, be VISIBLE!