Register now for the Geriatric Services Conference and be entered to win a tablet
Submitted by MaryLou Harrigan, Conference Organizer, Geriatric Services Conference
Join your colleagues from Providence Health Care and across the province in an engaging day of learning and dialogue. We are pleased to welcome Dr. Al Power, internationally regarded leader in culture transformation, aging and dementia who will open the conference and also lead a workshop.
Dr. Power is an internist, geriatrician, skilled educator and published author, including his transformative book Dementia Beyond Drugs: Changing the Culture of Care. He is internationally respected for his work challenging the use of antipsychotic medications for people living with dementia. He is the Schlegel Chair in Aging and Dementia Innovation at Schlegel-University of Waterloo Research Institute for Aging, and clinical associate professor of medicine at the University of Rochester, New York.
This is a day full of opportunities – exciting speakers, posters illustrating research projects and innovative care practices, and the chance to network with colleagues and friends.
Abstracts for poster presentations are invited - see website for information.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Lights, camera, celebrate! PHC Long Service Awards starring our 2017 recipients
- 'The love of my life was sacrificing a piece of himself to help me get better'
- 'The staff continue to exceed expectations,' says son, of mother’s care at Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
- St. Paul's Gift Shop takes steps to curb rampant shoplifting
- 6 tips to create a safe workplace and reduce theft
- Online paycheques coming soon for PHC staff
- Dr. Krahn and team receive $772,650 CIHR project grant
- The Doctors Are In podcast: Getting ready for go-live
- On January 31, let's talk about mental health
- Physiotherapy 101: Top tips to stay healthy on the slopes this winter
- Buy your tickets for Scotiabank Feast of Fortune!
- Take part in PEDAW 2018!
- Time to test your brain - Ethics Case of the Month is here!
- Dear EFAP: My new man needs a makeover!
- New standards outline payment amounts to use when engaging people with substance use experience
- Data Privacy Day 2018: Are you using your mobile devices safely?
- Catch of the month!
- Psychology month public lectures announced
- Writing winning (hopefully!) award applications
- St. Paul's Hospital needs magazine donations
- SPH February vendors announced
- Have a Buddha-full weekend!