A special message from Spiritual Health and Occupational Health & Safety
Submitted by Spiritual Health and Occupational Health & Safety
In the aftermath of the recent Quebec mosque shootings, we recognize that many of us working in PHC may be struggling with the emotions associated with such violence - grief over the loss of life, fear, deep sadness, uncertainty, anxiety, horror, trauma and insecurity, perhaps even outrage and terror.
We of Spiritual Health and Occupational Health & Safety join you in grieving this attack on our sense of personal safety and against the values of compassionate care, respect for diversity and reverence of life that we hold so dear and are foundational to our Mission, Vision and Values.
If any of you realize these events are impacting you and feel the need to reach out for support, for a listening ear or an understanding heart, please remember that Spiritual Health and Occupational Health & Safety are here for you and have a number of staff and resources to help you at this time.
Also, to mourn those who died, Spiritual Health will be holding two prayer vigils next Monday, February 6:
- at 11:30 am St. Paul’s Hospital, Burrard Building 3rd floor Chapel;
- at 2:30 pm in the chapel at St. Vincent’s Hospital, Langara, 255 W. 62nd Avenue
All staff, patients and residents are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Please kindly post this message for staff who do not have access to a computer.
Blessings of health and healing to us all
Chris Bernard and Sandy Coughlin
OH & S Contact:
Director - Occupational Health & Safety
Spiritual Health Contacts:
Manager Spiritual Health (Residential, Rehab and Hospice)
Manager Spiritual Health (Acute Services)
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- 5 reasons to nominate a colleague for a Mission Award
- Improving the quality of care for people with eating disorders
- Show your support for respect at work on February 22
- What’s new with PHC’S Eating Disorders Program’s Patient and Family Advisory Committee?
- Update: PHC's Workplace Mental Health and Mental Wellness Journey
- Compassion Matters: Megamorphosis pre-work begins at Youville
- Want to attend the PHC Spirituality conference for free?
- Celebrate Psychology month with free public lectures
- JCC Interactive Day – Simplifying the Journey
- Changes to the Travel and Business Expense Reimbursement Policy
- Valen-Thyme's Card Sales
- Kathryn Young Appointed Board Chair of St. Paul’s Foundation
- Make a Difference for Your Workplace and the Planet
- Love is in the air at the St. Paul's Hospital Gift Shop!
- February Vendors