Spring cleaning? Donations needed for the SPH Clothing Depot and Patient Library!
Submitted by Laura Mah, Coordinator, Volunteer Resources
Spring has arrived! It's time to clean out those closets and cabinets...
St. Paul's Hospital is in need of the following magazines for the Patient Library:
- National Geographic
- Entertainment (People, Us Weekly, Variety, Billboard, etc.)
- Fashion (Fashion, Elle, Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, InStyle, Marie Claire, GQ, etc.)
- Health (Women's Health, Men's Health, Shape, Alive, Chatelaine, etc.)
- Sports (ESPN, Sporting News, The Hockey News, Sportsnet Magazine, etc.)
- Fitness (Canadian Health & Lifestyle, Fitness, Shape, etc.)
We are also in need of men's sweatpants and men's/women's running shoes. No used undergarments, please.
You are welcome to drop off clothing donations and magazines to our Hospital Gift Shop, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. or 12 p.m.-4 p.m. on weekends. Clothing and magazine donations can also be dropped off to our Volunteer Resources office between 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday-Friday. Please spread the word to family, friends and co-workers.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Being diagnosed with kidney disease is 'not the end of the road'
- March is for music therapy!
- Dr. Keith Walley to step down as HLI Director
- Help prevent disease through foods you eat
- The Geriatric Services Conference is coming up on April 6
- Ethics Services - a resource for all
- Time to stretch your brain - April's Ethics Case of the Month is here!
- Dear EFAP: I have no clue how to do my taxes
- Hear Dr. Martha Mackay speak about ethnicity, ED care, and acute coronary syndrome
- Nomination deadline for Professional Practice Awards extended to April 9
- SPRING into Random Coffee
- Easter is coming! And so is inventory day!