St. Paul's Eating Disorders Program kicks off annual education series
Submitted by Gabriela Cruz, Clinical Nurse Educator, Eating Disorders
This month, the Provincial Adult Tertiary & Specialized Eating Disorders Program, which operates out of St. Paul's, is launching their annual education series.
Running until June 2019, this education series will see an expert provide a one-hour presentation on a range of topics, including trauma-informed care, the connection between social media, body image and eating disorders, etc. in a desire to connect care providers in BC with evidence-based practice, training and insights to promote holistic care for those with eating disorders.
Be part of the first session in the series on October 10, when Stephanie Gillingham, social worker with The Foundry, will be presenting on the following topics:
- What is the Foundry and what services do they offer?
- How might someone who has an eating disorder benefit from their services?
- What new initiatives are in the works regarding eating disorders?
Care providers are invited to attend this presentation in-person or online via webinar; please register by emailing or calling Gabriela Carter. Details on location and/or webinar login information will be included in your registration email package.
Questions / To Register:
Gabriela Carter, Clinical Nurse Educator
Phone: 604-682-2344, Local 62656
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- A Transformation in Elder Care
- How Maternity Services and Spiritual Health partnered to create a special space for prayer, meditation and breastfeeding women
- 'Being Providence' - Providence in the Park brings staff, volunteers and communities together
- What you need to know before cannabis is legalized
- Print Shop: Temporary Closure
- Canadian Malnutrition Week recap, photos and more!