St. Paul’s Foundation launches annual Scotiabank Feast of Fortune fundraising campaign
Submitted by Sonia Woodward, Communications Officer, St. Paul's Foundation
This week, St. Paul's Foundation announced the fundraising launch of the 2019 Scotiabank Feast of Fortune Gala to raise funds for much-needed critical care equipment for Mount Saint Joseph (MSJ) Hospital. To kick-off the campaign, gifts of $147,360 were made by members of the Scotiabank Feast of Fortune fundraising committee!
“In 1946, Mount Saint Joseph opened its doors to help care for the Chinese community in Vancouver – the only hospital in the Lower Mainland to do so – and we are proud of this history,” said Sing Lim Yeo, gala founder and committee member, and 2019 event honoree. “We’re pleased to help continue this long legacy of compassionate care for all patients by supporting the Scotiabank Feast of Fortune.”
Now in its twelfth year, the Scotiabank Feast of Fortune is a festive celebration of Chinese New Year, combining incredible food creations, spectacular live entertainment and a highly-anticipated live auction. Since 2008, the galas have raised over $5.7 million for the purchase of vital medical equipment for Mount Saint Joseph Hospital. The 2019 Scotiabank Feast of Fortune takes place on Saturday, January 26 in advance of Chinese New Year, which is on February 5.
This year, all money raised will go towards funding the greatest needs right across Mount Saint Joseph Hospital including life-saving equipment for cardiology, surgery, emergency, imaging, and more.
Learn more about this amazing annual fundraising event in the Foundation's press release here.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Walking each other home
- PHC is gaining momentum towards CST implementation
- Legalization of cannabis - what does it mean to the workplace?
- Advancing the profession of respiratory therapy: from “tank jockey” to highly skilled clinician in 60 years
- Youville Celebrates Ste. Marguerite d'Youville
- When caregivers grieve, who cares for them?
- Stars open up conversation about mental health
- The Product Investigation Centre is moving - time to update your links
- Five reasons why you need to attend the Diversity Education Summit!
- Join us for a White Mass on October 26
- Commemorating the anniversary of the Battle of Britain with Providence people and veterans
- Sort It Right: Battery Recycling
- Seriously, You Care About Environmental Sustainability In Health Care?
- Thanks for participating in the 2018 Great BC ShakeOut!
- Leave time for Random Coffee
- SPH Cafeteria Menu October 22 - 26
- Overflowing with new stock that could be the perfect gift!