Thank you to all our volunteers! Celebrate National Volunteer Week from April 15 - 21
Submitted by Lily Derksen, Manager, St. Paul’s Hospital Gift Shop
Did you know that we have over 60 volunteers who help run our St. Paul’s Hospital Gift Shop alone? From Stefan, who has contributed over 200 hours in the past 6 months, to Winnie who has volunteered for over 27 years, and her partner, Marguerite, who has volunteered almost 20 years on Thursday evenings, we couldn’t do it without them!
Then there’s Stephanie, a new grandmother, who helps open the shop several times a week, and many younger volunteers who are going to become your colleagues, nurses, doctors and more! Please join us in thanking every volunteer who makes a difference at St. Paul’s Hospital. Visit us at our Gift Shop and when you come in, give our volunteers a shout out for their hard work – that will mean a lot!
Our hours are:
- Monday - Friday 8am – 8pm
- Saturday - Sunday 12pm – 4pm
“Like Us” on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, use word of mouth to spread the word to your colleagues, family and friends to come and show their support! Every purchase you make at St. Paul’s Hospital Gift Shop contributes towards patient care and programs at St. Paul’s Hospital. Thank you for your contribution.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- We've got some winners to announce!
- Celebrate National Volunteer Week: April 15 - 21
- Criteria-led Discharge: from a solo effort to a team-based decision
- The aftermath of a mass tragedy: PHC Psychiatry head offers ways to cope
- Supporting bedside conversations
- Eat lots of rice and chicken thighs: one MSJ Centenarian's advice for a long, healthy life
- Celebrating those who lift up patient care
- Time to stretch your brain - April's Ethics Case of the Month is here!
- Don't forget to register for Research Day
- Do something good – for you and our patients! Run the Scotiabank Half-Marathon with St. Paul’s Foundation
- Strength training may be a runner’s secret to success
- Celebrating Interprofessional Research at PHC
- Did you forget your network password over Spring Break/Easter vacation?
- SPH Cafeteria Menu April 16 - 22
- April Care Connection Available
- Sort It Right: Mixed Containers