Today is World Physical Therapy Day!
Submitted by Jenica Montgomery
World Physical Therapy Day is on September 8. The day is an opportunity for physical therapists from all over the world to raise awareness about the crucial contribution the profession makes to keeping people well, mobile and independent.
The overarching theme for World Physical Therapy Day each year is Movement for Health. This year, the suggested message is “Add life to years”, highlighting the important role that physical therapists play in healthy aging. As an organization that focuses on elder care, and the healthy aging of our senior population, this theme is especially apt.
The World Confederation for Physical Therapy (WCPT) has produced a complete package of resources to help you plan and publicize events and campaigns for World Physical Therapy Day. This toolkit includes ideas, practical advice, information about the benefits of physical therapy, posters, leaflets, logos, banners and press releases. There is also a resource list for facts, research findings, statistics and articles to help you demonstrate the contribution of physical therapists.
You can also check out all of the past World Physical Therapy Day Activities, which are organized by member organizations.
Thank you to all Providence physios for the awesome work you do!
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- ASP Your App
- Help us support over 250 individuals in need this September
- VIDEO: Clinicians test-drive an early prototype of new clinical information system
- Calling All Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Midwives; Health Information Management Needs Your Input
- A candlelight tribute to our veterans
- Quality Forum 2017 - Call for Abstracts Closes Tomorrow!
- Only two weeks to go! Get your tickets today for this Brilliant event
- Patients to exhibit their handiwork on September 10
- St. Paul’s transplant recipient running Yukon road race to raise funds and awareness of Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Register now for the 13th Annual Leadership Program for Physicians and Leaders in LTC
- September, a Good Time to Revisit New Year's Resolutions
- $1,000+ up for grabs every two weeks!
- World Sepsis Day - September 13
- PHC to Kick Off with Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- It’s not too late to drive with the top down!
- Care Connection for September is online!