The Transit Incentive Program for PHC employees is back!
Submitted by Nav Nijjar Lead, Transportation Demand Management & Commuter Services
The Transit Incentive Program (TIP) is back effective May 2020. Providence Health Care (PHC) employees can enroll in the program and are eligible to save 15 percent off the regular cost of a monthly compass pass (Zones 1, 2, and 3). The incentive program is only available for permanent full-time or part-time staff.
Purchase a compass card and complete the online Enrollment Form. Please adhere to the Scheduled Deadlines to enroll on time.
Employees are only entitled to one discounted program; either Parking Payroll Deduction/Advance Payment or the Transit Incentive Program. Employees will have an option to suspend parking deductions for a period of three (3) months to trial the Transit Incentive Program. The parking deductions will be reinstated if the employee returns to the parking program.
Please note there is a six month commitment to enroll in the Transit Incentive Program. You will need to purchase a "Compass Card" before completing the online form. Please click here to find a Compass Card Retailer.
The Commuter Services office will confirm (as per your completed enrollment form) your employment status and contact Translink on your behalf to load the requested zone onto your card.
You will receive a confirmation email once the pass is ready for use.
To cancel the program, you will need to complete an online Cancellation Form. There is a 45-day cancellation notice required to stop your deductions. All payments are non-refundable.
Eligible enrolled employees will receive a 15 percent incentive. The remaining cost is deducted on a monthly basis from the first pay cheque of the month. Payments are charged one month in advance (i.e. the charge for a December pass will be processed on the first pay cheque in November).
Monthly rates are as follows:
All monthly transit passes provide unlimited travel within the selected zone(s) on weekdays.
Good News! – All monthly transit passes are now valid across all zones on weekends, statutory holidays, and after 6:30 p.m. on weekday evenings.
Visit Translink’s website or contact the Commuter Services office for more information:
Phone: 604-930-5407 ext. 765601
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Canada’s Best: Providence receives national employer awards
- From The Daily Scan: Love is in the air at Mount Saint Joseph Residence
- From The Daily Scan: Could this important change improve care for women with suspected heart disease?
- From The Daily Scan: A day in the life of a general surgeon, Dr. Tracy Scott
- Join us for an educational hand hygiene session at St. Paul's Hospital
- Carrying on our 20 year tradition of helping our neighbours with Providence in the Park!
- Learn about the psychosocial factors – protection of physical safety
- 17th Annual Geriatric Services Conference – A COVID-19 Update for Conference Participants
- How well can you spot a phishing attack at home or at work?
- The March issue of Care Connection is now online
- 5 Minute Rounds at PHC
- COVID-19 Update - March 12, 2020