Update on electronic pay statements for PHC staff
Submitted by Rey Nason, Leader, HR Analytics, Reporting and Support Services Human Resources
Earlier this year, we let you know that PHC will be moving to electronic pay statements (i.e., your statement of earnings and deductions) to increase your accessibility, convenience and security while supporting our commitment to reduce the amount of paper we use, replacing the existing paper-based delivery model.
We also asked if you would like to be notified by email when your pay statement is ready. Of the 1,309 of you who responded to our survey, an overwhelming 89% replied ‘yes,’ letting us know your preference to receive an email notification. And with the new system, you’ll be able to view your pay statement up to three days earlier than the current system.
Your electronic pay statement will contain all the same information as what you currently see. You’ll also be able to save or print your statement as well as access past pay statements for the last seven years.
In November, PHC and Vancouver Coastal Health will start implementing electronic pay statements. Change management plans are underway including consulting with managers on where there may be access barriers and orientation for staff on how to use the new system safely and securely. Over the summer months, the project team will also be working on implementation and testing to enhance the online portal.
Stay tuned to PHC News for more information.
- To review the benefits of online pay statements, read our January 25 PHC News story here.
- For more information, read the Fact Sheet for Electronic Pay Statements.
Still have questions?
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Celebrate Privacy and Security Awareness Week from June 4 - 8
- We all play a part... be privacy and security smart
- Cystic Fibrosis patient who spent months at St. Paul’s returns as staff
- How to keep your workstation healthy (so you can keep providing great patient care)
- New and improved ASC employee portal is coming: here’s what you need to know!
- The Quality Awards Are Back!
- Spring 2018 Bike to Work Week is almost over, but it's not too late to log your trips!
- Tips from a newbie bike commuter
- Lower Mainland EVS (Housekeeping) Satisfaction Survey
- June's Ethics Case of the Month is here: Caring for Non-English-speaking Patients
- Get all of last year's health claims in by June 30
- Easy ways to celebrate national health & fitness day even if you’re working
- Four stories that will make you smile
- Have you registered for the Scotiabank Charity Challenge yet?
- SPH Cafeteria Menu June 4 - 10
- Summer is here! Time to decorate your garden or patio and have fun
- June Vendors